Need help on upgrading my PC! Help Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chriskaar

Baseband Member
My PC!
Hello guys! i have a Acer Aspire m5200 computer and i wanna upgrade it for better perfomance....i have been searching around alot and trying to find out what cpu that fits to the motherboard (RS780HVF Motherboard) But people say i should change out the motherboard... but how can i find out what motherboard that fits that computer and do i need to change out everything if i change the motherboard? please reply need this help! im noob :)

Thanks

Chris.:thumbsup:

What performance are you looking for? In gaming? In making programs load faster? What do you currently have on it? CPU? RAM? PSU? What are the manufacturers of those as well?

Thanks for responding so quick!

I am looking for good performance in gaming, recording games and load programs faster like after effects and editing programs, and here is some picture of my system :)

I have 4gig of ram 2.2 ghz cpu and the manufacturers is acer i think
Motherboard.jpg

Motherboard.jpg

Acer doesn't make RAM. You need to open your case and take a look at it.

What graphic card do you have? hit up GPU-z.

OK. You can definitely upgrade your graphics card to something better, say a Radeon HD5770.

While you're at it, what is the wattage and manufacturer of your PSU? Need to make sure the updated graphic card can run on this power supply.

Here are your specs for your computer.

You can use up to 8GB of DDR2 800 (2GB x 4 DIMMs).

What little info Acer actual offers says you can run a Phenom quad. That is not a Phenom II but an original Phenom so you are probably using a AM2 board.

The specs say nothing about the PSU so I would guess a 250-300W.

So i should or don't need to change my Motherboard? i have some more pictures of the Ram and pc.

IMAG0071.jpg

IMAG0069.jpg

I have been searching around for a AM2 Socket processoor and i wondring if this processor will be good and fits my pc?

Amazon.com: AMD ATHLON 64 X2 6400+ 3.2GHZ SOCKET AM2 DUAL-CORE ADX6400IAA6CZ CPU: Electronics

And is it this RAM that fits my pc?

KINGSTON 8 GB 800 MHz 240-pin Unbuffered Non ECC DIMM CL4 DDR2 Memory Module Kit : Computer Components | Dell

And this graphic card

XFX Radeon HD 5770 XXX 1GB GDDR5 / PCI-E 2.0 / 2xDVI

PSU:

IMAG0080.jpg

And in the CPU-Z Program it says Max TDP is 95 W

If you find anything better let me know :) thanks!

Yeah, that RAM is a no-name, probably cheaper for Antec.

That PSU is a Delta 250W. You need at least 400W for your upgrading. I'd recommend getting an Antec 550W or similar.

Good choice on the GFX. I have the very same and love it. :)

Edit: Clean up those wires, too. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom