Need help with upgrading graphics card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dankish

Beta member
First of all,is my computer capable of upgrading to a new graphics card?
Link to my computer here

If I can upgrade,what card would be good to use?
I have always wanted to play games,but NEVER had a good enough card to keep up with them! Some games I would be interested in are something along the lines of Call Of Duty 4-6,Gears Of War,Bad Company 2,etc...Pretty much FPS games,and some that I assume require a decent graphics card. I am by no means willing to spend a lot of money on one,something around 100$ish would be ideal. Is there any in this price range that would work well? I would greatly appreciate some advice from you guys,preferably someone with knowledge,and knows that they are talking about!

Thanks!

Well. it's capable from a motherboard point-of-view:
Video : NVIDIA® GeForce® 6150SE integrated graphics
Up to 128MB of shared video memory
PCI-Express® slot available for upgrade

However it doesn't mention the power supply - we'll need to know that to know whether you're capable of powering a graphics card.

Well. it's capable from a motherboard point-of-view:

However it doesn't mention the power supply - we'll need to know that to know whether you're capable of powering a graphics card.

It's odd that the manufacturers site doesn't list it, but according to newegg and tigerdirect,it has a 250W power supply.

Okay, well to get anything good enough to play CoD4, the PSU will definitely need to be upgraded too. Not very much, you'll only need like a 450W.

Card-wise, look into an HD4850 or a 9800GT - I'm not sure on american pricing but those should fit into the $100 budget (I don't know if it will with the PSU, though).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom