NEED HELP! Upgrading Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brock-Lee

Solid State Member
Well, I'm going to buy the Sapphire Radeon 4870. But I can like barely afford it and I'm not sure what to buy the 512mb Ddr5 or the 1 gb of ddr5. I'm in a tight budget so does the extra memory really make a big difference. I have a 1680x1050 22" Monitor. This is my computer Gateway Official Site: Shop - Desktops – LX6200-01 Product Details - LX 6200 01 Product Details. I would be able to afford the 1 gb one easier but I have to get a new psu because I only have a 400 w supply. By the way do you think it will fit in my case? and which psu should I get thank you :D. Or if you recommend another graphics card tell me.

Oh yeah, where should I buy it? I live in New Jersey so I get taxed by Newegg any other options?

newegg is in jersey too?

dang thought it was just out here in cali

that tax hurts on big items ;)

I like your Gateway case man, but you know you could have gotten that case off of ebay.com for less than 50.00 with shipping and build your own pc dude :p

If you look at my signature that is my new case I spent less than 38.00 bucks on it and that had free shipping on it and the seller was nice enough to forget he had DVD-RW dual layer burner in there and just shipped it to me... lol!

My build cost probably costed at least 250.00 and that will increase just a little bit more to 295.00 after 2gb's of ram and a new sata 400gb hdd at ebay which should be 35.00

So there's no need for you to tell gateway to build your pc for you, just do it yourself like we do here!

Funny you should ask that but my case is about 1 year older than yours, however while I was circit city today I saw the exact same gateway you have and I asked him if that ati hd 4870 would fit in yours and he said yes and actually showed me the video card that was inside of there.

So yeah you just happen to be in luck also he told my case should handle as well as long my foxconn mobo can take it right.

Good luck to you and pm when you have that joker in there and working properly.

my 4870 is about 9.5" from the bracket area. as nos said 10.5 is good, that takes into consideration your pcie power plugs. at that resolution you will waste your money with a 1gb 4870. the 512 is fine.
or if you really want to rock and roll i think CF 4850s outperform the 4870 with the current drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom