need help upgrading a dell

Status
Not open for further replies.

poweredGguy

Banned
ok so my girlfriend has a OptiPlex GX280 and i need to know how to upgrade cuz i used cup-id on it and i cant find shizzzz. she needs 4gb memory and a lot of hard drive space (320gb- 500gb is good enough) since her hard drive is only 40gb. i need a good video card decent for general gaming like low to mid level gaming. and umm i think thats it. thank you

and a lot of hard drive space (320gb- 500gb is good enough)
Upgrading the hard drive should be easy - her computer uses SATA hard drives. A 500GB SATA drive is about £40 ($60) nowadays.

i need a good video card
Upgrading the graphics will be a little more difficult. According to her system specs, she could have anywhere between a 160W power supply and a 305W power supply. Neither of these will be sufficient for most graphics cards, so you may need to upgrade the power supply along with the graphics.

she needs 4gb memory
Easily done, her system supports up to 4GB of memory. Keep in mind she won't see all of that with a 32-bit operating system (closer to 3.3GB).

i need a good video card decent for general gaming like low to mid level gaming
What exactly do you mean by low to mind level?

Try to go around Dell parts for generic if you can. My cousin had to replace his Dell CPU cooling fan at a cost of 50+ dollars not including shipping and tax. Dell took a 5 dollar part and charged about 70 to the doorstep. **** Dell!

well general gaming not like crysis high details im talking about...general you know like play any online game without a problem. does she need 533 mhz memory sticks? or 400? i downloaded the dxdiag so how can i put it here? copy + paste or can i upload it?

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 7/15/2009, 22:40:02
Machine name: SDBI-280MO
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.090206-1234)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: OptiPlex GX280
BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A08
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz
Memory: 1014MB RAM
Page File: 839MB used, 1602MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom