NEED HELP! So many Samsung monitors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyllus

Solid State Member
Hi there, i'm trying to decide on a new 20" monitor. Iv'e decided to go with Samsung for various reasons. However upon looking at there selection of 20" monitors, there are a lot!

T200 - popular choice?
T200 HD - like the t200 but with TV capabilities?
SM2063UW - Lime LCD monitor?
SM2053BW - Aqua LCD monitor?
SM2032BW - popular choice
SM2032MW - ??
SM2043WM - McKinley?
SM2043NW - McKinley?
SM2043BW - McKinley?
SM206BW - oldish model
SM205BW - white version of 206BW?

I would really appreciate if anyone could point me in the right direction and outline some of the differences between these monitors. Thanks.

PS. Monitor will be used for some gaming, but mainly music, DVD, browsing, photoshop, etc.

I have the Syncmaster 223BW 22" LCD and it is perfect. Couldn't ask for a better monitor. I've owned about 3 Samsung LCD's and you really can't go wrong with em'. All quality products.

first off please, he says 20" monitors, not 22", not 24"... if the OP wants to look into possibly a 22" or 24" then post you're opinions on 22's and 24's then, not when he specificially says 20s...

Onto the main topic of this thread. the t200 looks to be the best choice in terms of stats and if it looks good to you then that should be your #1 choice. My opinion on a second choice (I personally would pick it #1) is sm2063UW as I like the looks of it. The contrast ratio is lacking compared to the t200 but I like the looks overall, and contrast ratio doesn't come into play a whole whole lot.

the t200hd just supports playback at native HD resolution.

Thanks very much Peter.

I did notice the T200 had a massive 20,000:1 contrast ratio, but i wasn't sure if that was something to take too seriously.

In terms of looks i would definatley pick the T200.

I'm just weary if it is the most superior in terms of picture quality? I don't mind paying the extra money as long as its worth it.

Is contrast ratio alone enough to determine which monitor has the most superior picture quality or is there any other factors to take into account?

Would really appreciate any advice from anyone. Thanks.

Size - check - 20"
Resolution - on 20" most likely 1680 x 1050 check
Brightness (aka. luminance)
Viewing angle
Response time
Color accuracy - this can be calibrated
Pixel pitch
Panel type - goes hand in hand with color accuracy and viewing angle

that felt like a lot of bull
just pick one with the price tag you are comfortable with
with such little price difference between 20" and 22s
I suggest you go with 22s
SAMSUNG 2232BW+ Black 22" 2ms Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 DC 8000:1(1000:1) with tilt but no swivel
SAMSUNG 2253BW Black 22" 2ms(GTG) DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor with HDCP Support 300 cd/m2 DC 8000:1 with swivel/ tilt and HDCP but cost $40 more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom