need help with power switches

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeediCracker631

Baseband Member
i have an FIC AM37 in a new case, and i need help on which cables go to which port. like the case has all these cords saying like HDD light, ground,reset, power, all those lil wires,

i need help on where to put these wires, neone have ne answers!!! please help!

There are manuals for a reason. The manual for the motherboard and or case will tell you exactly where each of those wires go and what they are for.

Called the F-Panel Short for front panel, most of those wires will be plugged into that. Hard drive light, reset switch, on/off switch, HD activity light and possibly more.

Not all motherboards have the proper connections for every case out there.
Some cases like mine have extra side USB, microphone, firewire or headphone inputs. So take a good long look at that manual that came with your motherboard and case.

Dont have it? FInd manufactures website and look for the manual PDF file..

i have almost everythnig hooked up but whut if i put the wrong cable in a wrong port, for instants, i put a negative power LED wire to a postive port will that effect ne thing??

also i have a port on the board saying Loret R and Line of R, does line of R mine speaker R?

Nothing will be damaged if thats what your asking. If the Power switch is connected incorrectly it won't turn on, if reset switch is connected incorrectly then RSW won't work. If any LED lights are connected incorrectly they won't work either.
Now USB and Firewire is/are a different story. Make sure you connect those 100% correct the first time. As connecting the pins incorrectly can cause damage to the Port or to the motherboard.

Never heard of loret, but follow the wire to where it ends. That should explain what it is...

also i have a fan connected to the window of my case, it has a 3 pin wire and a power wire connected that connects to the power supply, do i have to conenct both wires in order for it 2 work?and should i conenct that 3 wire to the chp fan port or the system fan port?

The 3 wire pin is for if you wanted to connect the fan to one of the many motherboard fan connections.

The Molex (4 Pin, Bigger then 3 pin) connector is for the a power supply connection. Doesn't matter which one you connect, but its better to use the one comming off power supply as it puts less stress on motherboard.

Also, if you didn't gather this, only connect one or the other, not both.

like heres the picture of my mobo,

i have speaker wires from my case called Speaker R, speaker L, Return R And Return L

Wherer should these speaker wires go according to my layout of my mobo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom