Need help with possible upgrade...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killerchimp

Beta member
I am running an amd 64 3000 with 1 gig ddr 400(pc 3200) memory. I want to get a new graphics card to upgrade from my 9800 but all the good cards seem to be pci.
Does anyone know if i should be able to just switch my cpu and memory over to a pci motherboard?
I have been looking online and cant seem to find an answer, any help would be appreciated

For one thing Pci express is the newer interface, pci video cards have been around for a long time and are crap!! I am sure that is what you meant. What socket cpu? 754? You can get a board for just about anything.

Pci express is what im talkin about, I thought about the board thing just a few minutes ago, trying to find my paperwork on my current setup. If my chip is 939 i think i can just switch over.

yup, but beware, you will be forced to do a repair install of windows once you install the mobo

I found some but thanks for the link, i was under the impression that yea had to have socket 939 for pci express, glad i was wrong. Eventually this board will just get turned into a diff computer when i do an all out upgrade. Happy that I dont have to plan for that just yet though!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom