Need Help Please...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Major Noob

In Runtime
I just bought and E-Machines T6420 for a pretty good deal... I just finished installing CoD2 and it lags like crazy... and thats just in the single player mode. I am wondering what is causing all of the lag and how i can fix it.
The specs of the computer are...

1 gig ram
200gig hard drive
AMD Athlon 64 3400+
Nvidia GeForce 6100 GPU
Chipset: Nvidia nForce 410

for the whole list of things go here http://www.emachines.com/products/products.html?prod=T6420

I am planning on getting the eVGA 6800GS PCi-Express card off of newegg and i was wondering if it will be compatible and if it will fix my lag problem.

Thanks in advance.

what settings are you playing your game at?

and also go to nvidia.com and update all the graphic card drivers ( forceware)

and then turn the in game rendering mode down to direct X 7 if it still lags

well, the thing is... i dont really have internet access yet b/c i still need to get a wireless network going and stuff like that... but do you think the 6800GS will make things better. i had it on low/medium settings and it lags horribly. i'm hoping its the drivers or just the card because i havent downloaded any drivers yet.

thanks for your help

any other opinions?

open up your comp and see what slot is free. 6100 is integrated video, so you better hope you have an empty video slot.

if you have a slot that looks different from the regular PCI slots (and is usually the one closest to the cpu), then you're in luck, you have either an agp or pci-express slot. go look at pics online to see which is which. if you don't have an empty slot, then sorry, you can not upgrade your video (unless you get new mobo).

thats what sucks sometimes about buying ready made systems...

i just checked your specs... you DO have an empty pci-express slot..

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

so when you buy a 6800gs make sure you buy the pci-express version.

yeah, your good to go, on the pci-e slot,
but you might want to check your psu, that card requires 350 minimum
thats preaty low, but alot of off the shelf systems come w/ small psu's
i didnt see the power specs on the link u posted.
good luck

Not meaning to hi-jack the thread, but I have a related question for a semi-noob. When I bought my Dell E-310 w/ a P4 3.0 ghz HT and 1.5 g. ram for a half decent gaming and general use rig, I failed to consider the expansion slots. Oops. Since all I have is old school PCI, what is the best card I could get. I'm looking at a Radeon 9250 or GeForce 5200 to at least be better than the on-board Intel card. Also considering the BFG 6200 Oc, but I'm not sure if it's really worth the extra cost. Like I said, not looking for Doom 3 at full tilt, just better than my Intel 910 on-board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom