Need Help PC overheating!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looby

In Runtime
k pc all of a sudden just started overheating like mad... hangs at boot (sometimes) speedfan is giving me 48c/117f idle it used to be a lot lower than that im not sure what (of course). also is this considered overheating? im asuming it is because the computer hangs and heat is higher than normal... but anyway im running a crappy coolermaster aquagate LCS and it all of a sudden just started to overheat... went from about 89f to 135f on the North Bridge b4 i could pull the plug. (side note temp sensor will not fit under waterblock so its wrapped around the northbridge). what could be happening? i know prescott supposidly can handle high temps but it will not run anything but firefox for more than a few minutes... then hang.... PC NOT overclocked at all... anything i can try? have already flushed system and checked for airbubbles.

is there a great aircooler that is also rather cheap that will keep this beast cool? also northbridge? active cooler? please help this thing will barely run!!

specs:

ASUS P4S800D-X
Intel P4 Prescott 3E
2GB Corsair XMS
650 Watt BFG PSU
ATI 9600XT
WD 250GB HDD
WD 500GB HDD
2x LG DVD Burners

Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro is your best bet for cheap air cooling or the Cooler Master Hyper TX, which was like $8 once here in Canada with MIR, if you can find a similar deal wherever you live. The Hyper TX is a Freezer 7 Pro copy-cat, performs almost exactly the same, some reviews say it's even quieter. Good luck btw, I have no clue about water cooling, so couldn't help you with that.

Actually, scratch that Cooler Master suggestion, I remember a friend who had a real hard time with the cheap plastic fasteners, just stick with the ACF7

thanks i mean i want the best performance out of the cooler. price wise im looking under 30-40us (so maybe not $8 cheap) i want something that is rather quiet but moreover cool for the processor... also i read a lot of reviews b4 posting and all of them were warning to beware of weight issues so i guess i would also lean towards a lightweight solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom