Need help for my first build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JorgeHGPR

Baseband Member
Hello fellow members, I am ready to build my computer and I need some suggestions. Im gonna buy the stuff from Newegg. The only thing I am clear of right now is that the processor I want and maybe the video card. Not gonna change the processor.

Processor - Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.00GHz
Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz 6MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

Video Card - BFG Tech 9800 GT 512MB DDR3
Newegg.com - BFG Tech BFGE98512GTGE GeForce 9800 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Please do not tell me to get AMD I am not gonna give AMD a chance (ATI either) I was with my uncle and he knows alot about computers and he told me all the chances he gave AMD, AMD failed on him.

What other stuff/hardware should I get?

What is your budget?

I understand wanting to go with Intel but based upon your budget and what you plan to use if for a quad or i7 may make more sense.

Please do not tell me to get AMD I am not gonna give AMD a chance (ATI either) I was with my uncle and he knows alot about computers and he told me all the chances he gave AMD, AMD failed on him.

Half the folks on here use AMD and ATI, and we know a lot about comps too ;) What does he mean by AMD failed on him?

Yep he was building a computer and the times he went with AMD the computers had lots of issues. Im not on a budget but say 1,000 - 1,200.

No processor change please I need a processor that doesn't consume that much energy and doesn't burn quick. That processor is perfect for me trust me.

I thought the reason you were posting is so you could receive our best recommendations for the amount of money you are spending?

Why is it so important that you have a low energy consuming processor? You're willing to spend enough money to go with an i7 build yet you're being saddled with an E8400, which is a good processor, don't get me wrong, but in that price range, you need to change it up.

As for your blatant disregard for AMD products, you're just plain wrong. No offense to your uncle, but he either had other reasons for the computers going wrong (like off brand motherboards, defective parts, etc) than the processor, or he did AMD machines back in the day, and that really has no bearing on AMD today.

But hey, what do we know? We're just people who eat, sleep and breath computer tech stuff.

You will find with that sort of attitude, most people won't want to help you.

I just want to know what motherboard, memory and all that to go with the processor.

It sounds like you should go back to your Uncle and get his opinion. I'm also a big fan of Intel over AMD but that doesn't mean you should act so demanding. No one here owes you anything and until you realize that you probably won't get alot of help.

You don't know my situation. Im upgrading from a Pentium 4 and jumping from that to i7 is kinda drastic. My real budget is 800$ I just wanted to see all the suggestions but oh well... Gonna have to look for other forums and see if they can help me then.

-EDIT-

Plus, I am a 16 year old which gets told by their parents that they don't want to see the light monthly fee go up. That's why I want a Core 2 Duo, which is a big upgrade from a Pentium 4 hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom