Need Help on knew CPU!

sammystapler

Solid State Member
Hey Guys

I'm looking at upgrading my Processor form a Intel Pentium G630 2.7ghz to an Intel Sandybridge i5-2500K Unlocked Core i5 Quad-Core Processor (3.30GHz, 6MB Cache, Socket 1155). At the moment i believe my Motherboard is an FCLGA 1155 and i was wondering if the i5 will fit in this motherboard.

Thank you for your help

Sammystapler

Well the biggest problem when you do a CPU upgrade on a Laptop is heat.

Lenovo and almost all laptop manufactures, design the heatsink so it can dissipate a set amount of heat. Your laptop will be made to cool a 65W Dual core, which is already a hard job for a laptop but adding Another Two cores and 30 Watts of heat might be pushing it!

What is the Exact model number for the laptop. Im not saying its not possible because it more then likely is, but its a good idea to look into seeing if it will be able to handle it. :)

His current CPU is a desktop CPU so I'm fairly certain it's a desktop machine, as is his chipset.

i was wondering why someone wanted to put a Sandybridge i5-2500K in a laptop but my brain was just having a moment of stupidity! :p

**digs a hole and sticks head it it** :eek:

I'm just always thinking of Lenovo and the IMB Thinkpads! haha

Though the same still applies, just make sure you get the heat sink for the i5 when you order it too! :)

Back
Top Bottom