Need help on getting a video card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EnLock

Beta member
I want to get a new video card so i can play Counter-Strike: Source more smoothly. But i don't know what to get. I have a picture of my motherboard so you can tell me some advice. Also, i want to know why some cards i looked up has 64 bit? I checked my color stuff in properties and it says 32 bit. So can i still use the 64 bit ones? Thanks.

Heres the picture link http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/8995/img1122ff7.jpg

You cant use 64 bit ones but you can use 32 bit ones. From your description, i think the card is either 64 bit color or 64 bit processor compatible. Your system processor fan needs to be dusted so there is better airflow. It will slightly increase your performance. From the picture, i assume its an AGP slot. What is the mb model? With that i can find you a vid card.

You cant use 64 bit ones but you can use 32 bit ones. From your description, i think the card is either 64 bit color or 64 bit processor compatible. Your system processor fan needs to be dusted so there is better airflow. It will slightly increase your performance. From the picture, i assume its an AGP slot. What is the mb model? With that i can find you a vid card.

MB model? I don't know what that is, sorry.

EDIT: Also, im kinda on a budget, i can only get one with a price of up to $50. I just want a card that can improve the lag of counter-strike.

He means motherboard model. Did someone build this for you? or did you buy it from somewhere? For under 50 bux you can't get to much, but assuming you are using integrated graphics now, pretty much anything will be better. If you look on Newegg they have a Geforce 6200 for around 50 bux which should give you a decent perform boost.

was that available on the 7600 gt? maybe i should have had updated drivers, argh i could have tried it out!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom