Need help with finding Mobo/Cpu combo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClarkDaniels

Beta member
Hello all!,
I am a trying to upgrade my gaming computers motherboard and processor combo, it is extremely out of date. I only have about 350 bucks to spend between Processor, and Motherboard, which seems to be a pretty good amount. I am trying to restrict myself to just buying through Best Buy, that way I have a place close by I can return the components if they are DoA and things of that nature. This will be my first time attempting to remove and install a new mobo/processor so any help, or tips are greatly appreciated. With that said, This is what I have found so far, and bestbuy.com.

Motherboard I am looking at : Asus - M5A99X EVO Desktop Motherboard - AMD 990X Chipset - Socket AM3+ - M5A99X EVO
CPU I am Looking at : AMD - FX-4100 3.60 GHz Processor - Socket AM3+ - FX-4100

As I have said I am new to the motherboard/cpu combinations so if you have any better suggestions for motherboard/cpu options. Please by all means send them forward to me :). I would like to stick with Asus motherboard if possible. I've had my last one over 6 years now and have never had a problem with it. Hope to hear some good stuff ! :). Thank you all in advance!

Best Wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom