Need help finding a good G-card for my Mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

poken1151

Beta member
I have a 'guppy' in my compaq desktop pc. It has no PCI-E or AGP slots just PCI. I need some help to find a nice pci based video card for it. Im a gamer, and although I know I wont probably wont be able to push half-life 2 on it, i'd like to find something powerful but...low priced. Thanks for any and all help.

poken1151 said:
I have a 'guppy' in my compaq desktop pc. It has no PCI-E or AGP slots just PCI. I need some help to find a nice pci based video card for it. Im a gamer, and although I know I wont probably wont be able to push half-life 2 on it, i'd like to find something powerful but...low priced. Thanks for any and all help.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130188

go with that hands down. you pretty wont much be able to get anything with more than 4 p/l's since its PCI. that's the best of the PCI cards.

Hmm thanks a lot for the info. But after review Im just gonna go ahead and build a new system...dunno where ill put it. but ill build it.

poken1151 said:
Hmm thanks a lot for the info. But after review Im just gonna go ahead and build a new system...dunno where ill put it. but ill build it.

no problem. yea i mean, you can only do so much with old stuff.

if i were you though, i would go with a 939 build. sure its a lil outdated, but those cheap prices are **** good!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom