Need help with drivers,

Status
Not open for further replies.

t1no

Baseband Member
I'm trying to connect to the internet but getting this error.

"Network controller driver"
error occurred during installation,
"The name is already in use as either a server name or a server display name"

I have tried to download the drivers from the motherboard cd and that's what it says.

it sounds like ur trying to create a connection. it gives u that message when ur naming something that already exists. are u entering something?

and how can u download something from a cd? do u mean install it?

Avalanch3 said:
try going to the motherboards website and downloading the latest drivers from there...
Well that is the problem, i can't connect to the internet.

cvb724 said:
it sounds like ur trying to create a connection. it gives u that message when ur naming something that already exists. are u entering something?

and how can u download something from a cd? do u mean install it?
Installing yes drivers from asus motherboard cd.

its the driver for the network controller. i also went to the device manager and it shows not an ? but ! next to my network controller. i right clicked and chose "update driver" and told it to look in the asus mobo cd, and it also gave me the same error message "the name is already in use as either a service name or a service display name". The first time i installed all the drivers from the cd it didnt install that one either, and gave the same error message.

for some reason it's listed as "Network Controller #2" but i cant find number one anywhere. I tried deleting it and scanning for it again, and now it comes up as "Network Controller #3".

Thanks for your help.

Sorry i wasnt clear. the problem is not a network problem, but it's a hardware/driver issue. Im using XP SP2. Just put a new mobo (ASUS A8N-SLI) in and ive been able to install all the drivers but the one for the network controller. In device manager it shows an '!' in front of the device. when i install the driver it gives that error message.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom