Need help choosing a video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

mosdef

Solid State Member
Hello, i recently bought a acert135 and i want to upgrade the video card but i am a novice at pcs and i dont know what kind of video card i need.

The motherboard is a GA-K8VM800M AMD socket 754 processor motherboard Made by gigabyte.
3100+amd sempron processor
2048mb of ocz ddr memory <----installed myself:D
160gb SATA hard disk

Any suggestions on a good graphics card that this mb would handle would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Hey mosdef,
Welcome to T.F.!!

That system is very outdated. What is your budget? Using the same RAM and hard drive, you can build a new computer for like $200-300.

Thanks for the welcome :p

Myu budget would probably be around $300-400 but like i said im a novice at pcs and would probably destroy something while attempting to build one :eek:

let alone not knowing what i would need

heck i was nervous installing the ocz ram lol

i really only play world of warcraft on my pc so do you think ti would be worth building a new one?

i just want to be able to play games on my 19' widescreen monitor without it being blocky in 800x600 or laggy as **** in higher resolutions
the recommended res for the monitor is 1440x990!! but my pc doesnt support that and it is one of the reasons im looking for a new graphics card

ok this mb only has a PCIE Graphics Expansion Slot so i guess agp is out of the question

Case - Cooler Master Elite 330
Motherboard - Biostar TForce TF7025
CPU - AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+ Brisbane
RAM - 1GB G. Skil NR or 2 x 1GB G. Skill NQs
Graphics - EVGA 7600GT
Power supply - FSP Group (Fortron Source) 400W

Using the same hard drive and CD drive, these parts total $386.94 w/o shipping. If you can, try to sell your 2GB of memory.

Don't worry about building a computer. It's not as hard as it looks. We've taught so many beginners, like you, to build a computer. It really is no big deal. And heres a great tutorial, with great pictures on how to build a computer:
Build a System: Page 1

Thanks alot for the links to the products and the tutorial man that helped me out alot.

I will go ahead and take your advice and build me a new one and just give this one to my brother.

Hey if i decide to keep this pc with everything in it what would be a good HD and CD drive to get?

my lil bro really needs a pc and im thinking of just giving this one to him.

Ok after shipping and all it came out to $519 Not bad at all

I'll keep you up to date as i progress through building it cause i know i'll need some help lol :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom