Need help with cable management

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could zip tie your sata cable to the side of the hd cage as close to your hd as you can get it so it isn't hanging down like that. It looks like the extra cables you have are knotted together, if you straightened them out some, then sorta folded them together and secured them like that you might be able to get them out of the way some. Could probably include your 8 pin power connector in that so it won't hang down off to the side like it is now.

The extra PSU cables are zipped tied together in two groups. It's just that they are so long even folded that they don't push in all the way into the drive bay.

Are you suggesting I should try to zip tie some of my PSU cables to one of the bays? Not sure if there'd be enough room for them all.

By the way, the one SATA cable is ran through two holes on the HDD drive, so it's really not just hanging there. I'm not sure if I can zip tie them better to the HDD bay without bending them, as they stick straight out of the SATA ports - they're not angled connectors.

You can try to see if they fit into the bays, there is a lot there though so I'm not sure.

I see what you mean about the sata cable now.

You can try to see if they fit into the bays, there is a lot there though so I'm not sure.

What do you mean?

Do you guys think my cable management is good enough for now? Because I really am afraid to open things up and start over - I'm worried I'll mess something up or something. I've already spent a lot of time on the computer already, even if I didn't do that great of a job. I think what might be a good idea is just to leave it alone for a few months or so, and then the next time I have some extra cash I'll buy another side fan, and either start over with cable management, or pay a local computer shop to set things up for me.

As long as my cable management isn't terrible, I'll be happy for now.

By the way, according to Core Temp, my CPU temperature is 31c, while according to Speedfan by motherboard temperature (I think that's what temp3 represents anyway) is 43c. Is that a good reading given my cable management?

Sorry for not clarifying, I meant you could try to fit the extra wires into the extra hd bays, but I'm not sure they will fit since there looks like there is a lot of them.

Not sure on the mobo temp, mine is about 7c cooler than that but I have a lesser system, so I would say that's fine. CPU temp is good also. If you can't do much more wire management, you could leave it for a few months and come back to it later when you get a new fan, or clean out the dust ect. It won't hurt anything the way it is now, unless you notice the temps getting a good amount higher it should be fine.

That corsair PSU has a butload of cables, took me a while to get them somewhat decent. Use lots of tie wraps like other have said, they help a lot.

If you don't mind me asking but which case do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom