Need help with cable management

Status
Not open for further replies.

enarchay

Solid State Member
I just got my computer set up but I want to make sure cable management is good. I got it most of it done but I'm still a little worried.

First, I'm not sure if stuffing the extra cables in the disk bay will impend air flow, but I have no idea what else to do with them. Someone who reviewed my case (using the same PSU) tied his cables and sort of let them hang outside the disk bay, but I'm not sure how to do that. I've seen some people pull the extra PSU cables under the motherboard and zip tie them to the back where the panel goes, but I'm not sure if the cables will fit with the NZXT Beta, as the spacing between the back and panel isn't very thick. Second, I'm not sure if putting the back panel over the cables I have running through the holes will possibly damage them. The panel slides on very snug and bends out a bit, so I'm not sure if that could be bad for the cables.

Here are some more pictures. Before I screw on the last panel and put this away, I would appreciate some opinions on how I have it set up. I probably won't be opening this up again for a while so I want to make sure it is squared away.

IMG_0584.jpg

IMG_0585.jpg

IMG_0586.jpg

IMG_0588.jpg

I'd like to get this thing finished tonight so please give me your advice.

Yes, we need better images, those are too blurry to tell what's what.

One thing though, are you able to install that hard drive facing the other way (i.e. turned 180)? That would move the SATA data and SATA power cables to the rear of the drive cage.

One thing though, are you able to install that hard drive facing the other way (i.e. turned 180)? That would move the SATA data and SATA power cables to the rear of the drive cage.

I tried, but it wouldn't lock into place. I think it's because the front end of the HDD is longer or something, preventing it from going all the way in.

Here are two other pictures. I only took a few before I closed up my computer. (My camera stinks.) Hopefully these are good enough:

IMG_0590.jpg

IMG_05831.jpg

Are you able to route any cables under the motherboard, like the 24-pin? (well that might be a bit too thick but perhaps the 4/8-pin? I can see there are routing holes for that exact purpose.

For example your 4/8-pin currently snakes it's way near to the DVD drive and then over to the mobo.

Are you able to route any cables under the motherboard, like the 24-pin? (well that might be a bit too thick but perhaps the 4/8-pin? I can see there are routing holes for that exact purpose.

For example your 4/8-pin currently snakes it's way near to the DVD drive and then over to the mobo.

I don't see where it'd go. The 4/8-pin connector must connect all the way at the top left of the motherboard. There are only two ways I can think to do it. First, run the cable out the top opening in the case, out the back, through the opening where the PSU sits, under the PSU, out the opening, then unto the motherboard. But to do this I'd have to take my PSU out to fit the cable in, and the PSU would be resting (probably very tightly) on top of the cable, if the cable will even fit. See the opening where the PSU goes?

(Yes it's a blurry pic, sorry)
IMG_05541.jpg

The other way to do it would be to run it through the top case opening, around the back, then through one of the motherboard openings, but I highly doubt it would fit. The opening between the motherboard and the case is extremely small. I tried running one of the thin fan cables through there and I couldn't even get that to fit.

ok so, by looking at your pictures i would suggest a lot of small twist ties and looping of your cables not threading them through holes,make sure your sata cables do not bend at a 90 degree or crimp in anway, that will destroy them, with the extra PSU cables just straping them to the sides of the 5.25 drive bay would be fine or even rolling them up between your PSU and top optical drive

I suggest you start from scratch and run one wire at a time and strap it down when its ran, also look into module PSU's for your next build, it will take care of a lot of your clutter.
TIE STRAPS ARE YOUR FRIEND!!! USE A LOT OF THEM!!!

Good Luck

You could zip tie your sata cable to the side of the hd cage as close to your hd as you can get it so it isn't hanging down like that. It looks like the extra cables you have are knotted together, if you straightened them out some, then sorta folded them together and secured them like that you might be able to get them out of the way some. Could probably include your 8 pin power connector in that so it won't hang down off to the side like it is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom