need help Building a new family computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not any more. 64 bit will only have driver issues with very old hardware. I have been on 64bit for quite a while now with no issues at all.

Not to mention if you go i7 you will want 6gb of ram and with a 32bit os you would only use a maximum of 3.5gb.

The only 32 bit processor being actively developed that I know of is the atom, and you don't want it for a desktop.

The world is now 64 bit. :D

Be aware that a system capable of doing what is asked can be had for WAY under $1000. You can do it for $400-$500 easily. Don't think you -have- to spend that kind of money. A decent gaming machine can be built for $400, and a good one for $600.

But these guys like to spend. ;)

If you tell them you want to spend $1000 every system they give you will come close.

Edit: The build being suggested to you is -blazing- fast. An i7, DDR3 ram. Its top of the line basically everywhere except for the graphics card, which still pretty good for light-medium gaming. Its an excellent machine and I won't argue otherwise. I'm just pointing out...alot of money is saved by building a system. To a system builder, $1000 is top of the line, even if companies will make you pay $2000+ for a top of the line computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom