Need Help Building from Ground Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

akasixcon

This is sparta!
Here is the inside of my (working) computer server

computersourceoriginalf.jpg

I want to transfer it to a bigger case so I can put a power supply and more harddrives

thecaseiwanttotransfert.jpg

This is the power cable thing that connects from the case to the motherboard (i don't know whats it called)

iunpluggedthepower.jpg

Here is my computer server when I unplugged the cable

thisiswhereiinpluggedit.jpg

Here is the image of the case's cable thing that connects to the motherboard

wiresfrompowersourceofn.jpg

Questions
- how do I connect the power cable things from the new case to my server's motherboard?
- the server's motherboard power thing is all melded into one while the one with the case I want to transfer to has individual units.

That nplug consists of the cables for the power and reset button, harddrive and powered on lights

They case manual should tell you which line is for what.. be it "pwr" "rst" "led hd" etc. Then just plug the indivdual plugs onto the mobo where the old plug lined up. I think the old plugs writen on the side which is which.

problem is that i dont have the manual for my case....

those individual things are labelled on the individual cables. How exactly do i plug it in in the mobo?

Or trace the wires from the front panel and match them to positions for the new plugs.
For example, follow the cables back from the on switch and they go to positions 1 & 2 on the old plug so put the on switch leads in your new case into the same positions on your motherboard.

Looking at the picture of the mobo it says P450-VX. A google search is telling me it's a Sony Vaio, possibly a PCV-RS320. If I'm right then a regular power supply won't work with that mobo as it Proprietary. You'd be best off ditching the whole rig and starting with all new parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom