Need help building a cheap gaming computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbuckhana12

Solid State Member
So i need to build a cheap gaming computer and i wanna spend as little as possible like between 200 and 300 possibly 400 to play new mmorpg, shooter and RTS games. i also need internet too like windows 7 i would like good graphics and no lag, i can get a NVIDIA GT220 which is pretty good i think but need parts that can run it. so if any of you can help me out id appreciate it. thanks

oh yea i have a monitor, keyboard and mouse already

Does the cost include the $100+ it will cost to purchase Win7? If not then you might consider waiting till you can afford more cause you won't get a decent gaming machine for $300 or less.

The GT 220 will not play new mmorpg, shooter, and RTS games with good graphics and no lag.
It is not on the graphics performance list, but benches put it below the 9800GT (#41).

Here are FPS benchmarks for Fallout 3 (Q4 2008), not even a "new" game.

GT220-Fallout3-1280.png

The GT 220 will not play new mmorpg, shooter, and RTS games with good graphics and no lag.
It is not on the graphics performance list, but benches put it below the 9800GT (#41).

Here are FPS benchmarks for Fallout 3 (Q4 2008), not even a "new" game.

GT220-Fallout3-1280.png

What about games like league of legends, starcraft, runes of magic and games like those. and KSoD i dont need windows i found one.
and i have two 512mb ram cards and a CD drive

ok now i found a way to build this computer for $304.72

Computer Case : Thermaltake V4 Black Edition Mid Tower Case
Power Supply Upgrade : 550W Heavy Duty TOUGH Series SATA Power Supply
Motherboard : Asus M2N68-AM Plus AM2/AM2+ 256MB Onboard Video, PCI-E, Audio, Lan, 2xSATA
Processor : AMD Phenom X3 8650 2.3GHz AM2+ Triple Core 2MB Cache
CPU Cooling Fan : AMD Copper HeatPipe Extra Quite Fan
Hard Drive : 500GB Seagate 7200RPM SATA-2 UDMA 300 16MB Cache
Video Card : HD Onboard 3D graphics SVGA (HDMI+ DVI only if listed with board)
Sound Card : Built-in HD 8-Ch Sound Card
Network Card : Built-in Gigabit LAN
Case Fan : Case Fan 120mm
Warranty : Assembled and tested, 3 years parts and 3 Year labor warranty

and i have windows Vista, two 512mb ram, GT220 video card and CD drive to add to it that i own already. so is it any good?

is it good? depends on your definition of good. it's certainly not modern.

questions:
is it a retail copy of vista? it will be difficult to do a clean install with an oem copy
what kind of ram is it? compatibility issues...

those games can probably be played on lowest settings with maybe a few medium settings to have playable framerates. maybe,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom