need help on benchmark results please

Status
Not open for further replies.

mm22005

Solid State Member
I did some benchmark tests and I got back some things I dont understand and they say (sisiandra) to fix em.
My computer first off is a amd 4800 64x2 dual-core processor chip (good chip). Memory is 2 gigs corsair.
first off it says something about APIC?
It says no apic found? "all modern mp systems should contain an apic"?
What is that and how do I fix that? Says check bios settings but not sure.

also it came up with this below

the benchmark has tested the primary cpu only says i need to turn on multiprocessor option it says use windows xp and turn on the multiprocessor kernal?
what the **** does that mean lol ........

Also says for the chipset I am using that I should use the maximum power for the chip in the bios or something?

ALSO what is the best benchmark program to use..... And if I did want to overclock my cpu how do i do it? I do have the zalman bad *** heatsink on top of it ..Is there step by step guides to do this or no?

Nice doublepost... what was you'r point in doublt posting?

Anyway, first question - I don't know, try search or google..

Second question, Either you were trying to do a hyper-threaded cpu test which require a CPU That has hyper-threading [or a dual core processor] and the option that enables you'r cpu to work out multiple threads is disabled in you'r BIOS [not sure how it goes with AMD chips, in Intel you can actualy turn this option off in the bios..] if its not the thing then i'm not sure at the moment, i've been reading all day long and my head hurts, thus i'm not very concentrated at the moment..

3'rd, Full power?? NO!!! You should stay as close as you can to the STOCK powers!! don't put full power or you will literlly burn you'r processor down...

Err, about overclocking im really too lazy to go step-by-step with yuo right now.... search around or wait for someone more patient.

-Jo / Yoad.

First off..........ignore that Sandra program. It's buggy and dont believe it takes kindly to dual cores.

You need stuff like:
SuperPI
PCMark
3dmark01

for benches that test more of your system. 3dmark01 is primarily for games, but since it's so old it's a good measurement of how well your overall system performs.

3dmark03, 05, and 06 are primarily testing the graphics cards. Moreso 05 and 06.

If you want to overclock then go to the overclocking section and read the stickies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom