Need Help on Audio Upgrades to Computer

percussionman11

Baseband Member
Looking to upgrade my audio experience on my computer and hoping to get some help in areas I'm deficient in knowledge.

Little background on existing hardware configuration:
Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X-SLI-CF
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
GPU: Asus Cerberus 1070 ti
Memory: G Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 SDRAM 2133
Case: Rosewill Thor
Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 PRO
Speakers: Klipsch pro media 2.1
Monitors: Asus VS248 (x2 in landscape), Samsung SyncMater EX2220 (x2 in portrait)
Microphone: AKG Perception 200 (run through Mobile PreUSB preamp)

So currently I have the ability to only run one audio device at a time through my cases front audio port since my mobo results in interference. This is super annoying because I have to plug/unplug my headphones and speakers every time I want to switch them. I'm looking for a solution that will allow me to keep both plugged in and even adjust volume externally. I've considered getting a small mixer but didn't know if that would resolve the interference I get on the motherboard as I'd ideally like to run the audio through the back of my computer to clean up my cabling.

Thoughts/suggestions? Thank you in advance

It's a constant high pitch frequency hum. Not a super loud sound but more of an ambient effect that is really only noticeable when nothing is being played on the device plugged in.

I have my headphones plugged into the front panel of my case (next to the power button I have a 1/8" jack). This has provided the cleanest audio.

The speakers I have plugged into the motherboard in back. That is the plug I have an issue with.

I should mention speakers plug in the back and headphones plug in the front. It switches in software and the dial controls volume separately for both.

Back
Top Bottom