Need help in ASUS Mainboard!

stefano1

Baseband Member
I have an ASUS computer (model CG5275) and I want to change my graphics card, my mainboard is the ASUS CG5275 and it has an Intel(R) HD Graphics (I guess its an integrated graphics card) and I would like to know if I have any options to change my graphics card (or if it has any extra slot for an dedicated graphics card) because I'm a gamer and at the moment this graphics card makes it impossible to play almost any game with a good fps!
Also, if it is possible to add an additional (or change) my graphics card, how do I know which is compatible with my mainboard?
I've already tried looking at ASUS support site, but I'm not really a computer expert (I'm actually very bad)

Thanks in advance!

You have 1 PCI-E 16x slot you can put a graphics card in. The problem is, the PSU in that computer is pretty weak and the best card you can put in there is a 550ti.

You have 1 PCI-E 16x slot you can put a graphics card in. The problem is, the PSU in that computer is pretty weak and the best card you can put in there is a 550ti.
Thanks! By the way, are you sure the best I can put is an 550ti? Because I was looking forward in getting a better graphics card! Is there anyway I can make the PSU better?

(I wanted to get at least an GTX 560 or Radeon HD 6950[FONT=Lucida Grande, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif])[/FONT]

Well, a 550ti is still a day/night difference compared to integrated.
Yes, I know, I'm actually happy I can at least upgrade it to a 550ti!
I've done some research and found this about my computer:
Power Supply: Peak 400 W (PFC)

Cant it run the ASUS 7850 or the GTX 560ti?

Found out it cant, PP Mguire was correct. Im looking in to buying a good new PSU, as I found out its rather inexpensive, could anyone help? I guess a PSU with at least 500W would be great, I have a $60 budget for the PSU (or a little more if its worth it, I guess)

EDIT: I think its better to create another thread, because the topic kinda changed, hahaha

First, you were bright to start a new thread...... Don't listen to him, This threads about a mobo, how would i know you want a psu instead?

For $60 youre not getting the best psu, but Antec is a quality brand.
Newegg.com - Antec Basiq BP500U 500W Continuous Power ATX12V Version 2.01 Active PFC Power Supply
Thanks! I'm new here and had thoughten I should listen to more experienced people than me, hahaha. Yes, I see the budget is quite low, but what do you think I could get if I pay around $75? I was having a look at this PSU here: Newegg.com - OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W Modular High Performance Power Supply compatible with Intel Sandybridge Core i3 i5 i7 and AMD Phenom

As I said, I dont really know the compatibility stuff, so I dont know if its compatible (a friend recommended for me)

Back
Top Bottom