Need Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hapx4.0

In Runtime
Okay, i just finished putting my computer together the other day and all seemed well but i keep having a few problems i cant figure out.

1. when i download some things, when its getting ready to install them, i get a error that says

Extracting file failed. Its most likely caused by low memory ( low disk space for swapping file ) or corrupted cabinet file.

i thought i fixed it but it keeps doing it, so i cant upgrade my directx, Nvidia Drivers, and most downloads.

2. i keep freezing while in games.

3. and web pages don't load all the way the first time, it says done in the status bar but the page is like 30% done, when i hit refresh it fixes it but this can get anointing.

i think its a memory issue but i just got my ram about 2 months ago and it worked fine when it was in my old Mobo/CPU, same ram, GC, HDD

System is:

Asus A8n SLI Mobo
AMD 3200+ 2.0
BFG GeForce 6200 OC 256MB DDR PCI
1 GIG PC3200 PNY RAM
40 Gig hard drive
Windows xp

I'm new at this and and very lost, any help will be appreciated alot.

What new mobo do you have now and have you checked the RAM to see if one or both are defective. Also, this sounds suspiciously like a power supply problem. Can you tell us about your PSU?

I have not tryed the pc with one of each ram at a time but, thay worked fine in my old pc, should i try them 1 at a time?

The new motherboard is the Asus A8n, the old one was something that came in a Emachines.

but the PSU I'm not sure, it came with the case a friend gave me but is fairly new.

It doesn't sound like a psu problem....
To me it sounds like, as others have said, mobo or RAM. Though if you're convinced that your ram is all good and compatable, there's a chance you just got a faulty mobo.

its all my old Mobo could run, it only had pci slots, no pci-e or agp slots..lol

im still saving up for my new GC.

so should i call asus and have them work with me?

Okay got some more info if it will help

I took out both 512 sticks and put them in every order they could be, problem consisted.

but i didnt even think it could be how i installed windows, my friend had a burned disk of windows i used to reinstall since my HDD was pre-installed with windows, and i just used my CD key sense my Emachine didnt come with a windows xp disk, so I'm wondering if the disk he got was a bad version? could the problem be because it was maybe a bad version? even though i used my windows key?

And i did a Memory Diagnostic i got of Microsoft and the ram passed 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom