Need Guidance on build ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

polaroid

Solid State Member
So, this is going to be my second pc build. Need your guys guidance as you guys definitely have a lot more experience then me lol ;D

Case : Cooler Master - HAF 922 Mid Tower Case, Black (Has three fans!!! ;D, 932 was too big). Price - $ 139.99

Processor : Intel - Coreâ„¢ i7 Processor 930 2.80GHz w/ 8MB Cache ( I just love intel lol ;D). Price - $ 319.99

Motherboard :
Asus - P6T SE w/ TripleDDR3 2000, 7.1 Audio, Gigabit Lan, 1394, PCI-E, CrossFireX (i thought this was better than eVga and gigabyte). Price - $ 219.99

Ram(Memory) : Mushkin - XP3-12800 Blackline DDR3 SDRAM, 6GB Triple Channel Kit (3 x 2GB) (or should i go for dual ch. 8gb?). Price - $ 199.99

Video Card :
XFX - Radeon HD 5770 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E w/ Dual DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort (I'm an Ati Fanboy lol, nothing but Ati). Price - $ 199.99

Power Supply : Corsair - TX 750W Power Supply w/ 140mm Fan (Future upgrades in mind). Price - $ 134.99

Hard Drive : (x2) Seagate - 1TB Barracuda 7200.12 SATA II w/ 32MB Cache (WD was a bit pricey o_O). Price - $ 69.99 or 139.98 for two.

Optical Drive : LG - Super-Multi 22x DVD Writer, SATA w/ Lightscribe, Black (Blu-ray is wayyy too expensive O_O). Price - $ 29.99

Optical Drive (2) : Samsung - SH-S223L 22x DVD-Writer, SATA w/ Lightscribe Black (Shush... i know they are the same). Price - $ 27.99

Monitor : BenQ - E2220HD 21.5in Widescreen LCD, Black w/ 2 x HDMI, USB, Speakers (Cant have a total upgrade without a new monitor ;D!. Price - $ 179.99

Sub-Total :
$1,592.89

Shipping :
Free ;D!!!! (Cause the shop is in my city!)

Gst 5% : $ 80.24 (Don't you really hate GST Gr.....)

Total : $ 1,685.13

My budget was $ 1,500.00 but i passed it :( , well anyways if you guys can make a better pc for $ 1,500.00 on this website, please do so ;D!!!!!!!

Memory Express (All rates are in canadian dollars)​

I'm mostly going to use it for video editing and some minor gaming (has to be able to play starcraft 2 ;D!!! ).

I'm also thinking of getting a 200mm red led fan for the side for cooling and matching hehehe.....

Thanks for reading my long summary guys and thanks for all your help ;D!!

That should be more than capable of starcraft 2 lol.

Also, Lol at your GST!

Also, I dislike intel and Ati, and love AMD and nVidia, however I will help you anyway.

You could save a bit by going with only 1 1tb Hard Drive and then going with a second smaller one for the OS (More for backup than anything)

Also, you could only start with one optical drive (Unless you really need two for the video editing.

You could use those savings to pay for a copy of windows 7 home or business.

Other than that, besides the case, there are no real corners you can cut, your best bet for saving money would be either downgrading your processor or graphics card (See, intel is more expensive than AMD :D, therefore not conducive to tight budget builds.)

But it will run as you have it, just may be a bit over-budget.

Lol, its a good thing there is no pst (7%)^.^

I always had Intel and Ati so i never got to trying out AMD and i don't really want to take the risk(if there is any).

I guess you are kind of right......2 tb seems a lot. Also, should i get a 20GB SSD for my OS.

I already have a copy of Windows 7 (Happy Trotter? ;D), so no need to buy that. :)

Should i get the parts from newegg or the site i previously used? (i think newegg is a bit cheaper, but has shipping D;)

I'd recommend Newegg, and not everything has shipping. If used only for an OS 20gb would be great.

Lol I was just waiting for somebody to bust you on that.

Risks with AMD? Naw. Also, I greatly perfer nVidia because while strait up the radeon cards out perform nVidia, if you add any AA or physix, the nVidia cards usually crush (usually).

I built the same PC on Newegg.ca and the total was $ 1,509.00. Shipping came out to be : $ 70.00 and GST was : $ 80.00

Total was : $1,656.08

Only $20 difference LOL...

Since memory express in located in my city, it will be same day store pickup and if anything goes wrong i can always go to the store, rather than email newegg or the company.

Im checking NCIX right now lol ;D

Also, I greatly perfer nVidia because while strait up the radeon cards out perform nVidia, if you add any AA or physix, the nVidia cards usually crush (usually).

i've seen you say something like this a few other times, and i don't claim to know all the "nitty gritty" details about each, but you make it seem like aa and physx are the same, when they aren't.

just as an example, using the fact that you have a gtx 275, take a look at this review.
ATI Radeon HD 4890 vs. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275 - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News
they didn't test using physx because they also test with ati cards which obviously don't support physx.

but you can see there that in all gaming tests where they raise aa, nvidia cards are not "crushing" the ati cards.

i'm not trying to come across as a ****, just trying to point this out.

i've seen you say something like this a few other times, and i don't claim to know all the "nitty gritty" details about each, but you make it seem like aa and physx are the same, when they aren't.

just as an example, using the fact that you have a gtx 275, take a look at this review.
ATI Radeon HD 4890 vs. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275 - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News
they didn't test using physx because they also test with ati cards which obviously don't support physx.

but you can see there that in all gaming tests where they raise aa, nvidia cards are not "crushing" the ati cards.

i'm not trying to come across as a ****, just trying to point this out.

No, you don't come accross as a **** lol, just very knowledgeable and intense in your wording :D, it was poor wording on my part, lol perhaps it would have been phrased better as "They usually fair better than ATI in tests where anti-aliasing was used". Will word more carefully in the future.

No, you don't come accross as a **** lol, just very knowledgeable and intense in your wording :D, it was poor wording on my part, lol perhaps it would have been phrased better as "They usually fair better than ATI in tests where anti-aliasing was used". Will word more carefully in the future.

that's my point though. i know you mentioned before that you are somewhat biased towards nvidia and ofcourse you're entitled to your opinion, i'm just trying to show you that even if you phrase it differently, what you said was incorrect.

sorry polaroid, for sorta hijackin your thread :sweat:, so Fox, if we continue to talk, let's just move it to PM's before da mods come :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom