Need a good AMD system for under 250.00, for a friend of mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

-RockMan-

Banned
Yes this computer is not for me, but for my friend of mine at another forum, geekboy.
I gave him my old Phenom 8450 X3 this year and some other stuff laying around.
I have been working with him for the past 3 or 4 months to get his mother to give in and let him build a computer.

So far, he has a processor, a 450 watt psu which I am wondering about and I think monitor and keyboard and mouse.

He wants to be able have his games play decently on good speeds and have a speedy system.
I know my phenom 8450 wasn't anything special but it should be able handle windows vista and 7 and linux no problem, gaming I am worried about..

I don't want want to make him by another cpu for money he might not have but I see of no way of avoiding this not unless he can wait 2 months and save 50 to 75.00 on his own and give it to his parents and buy it from newegg.com

Here is what I did earlier for him about 2 months ago:
Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100292DDR3L Radeon HD 5450 1GB 64-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card
Newegg.com - Crucial 2GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1066 (PC3 8500) Desktop Memory Model CT25664BA1067
Newegg.com - AMD Athlon II X2 250 Regor 3.0GHz 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM3 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor ADX250OCGMBOX
Newegg.com - AeroCool Vx-R Black SECC 0.5mm ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

All three items came out to around to be 253.00 plus shipping costs
I picked out this first but saw this combo with bio mobo, is bio mobo any good ?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103873
I am looking for something to beat my budget and give him something better and almost everything he needs under atleast 250.00, I can provide him with my heatsink fan and some other stuff needed if he decides he can't afford the processor,

if he wants to game, the 5450 isn't gonna cut it unless he's playin old games and/or on low res./detail.

for now, i say he re-uses the x3. pop it in a board like this one
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157210
which will let him use it for now, but will allow him to upgrade later on when he has some more cash, it'll even support the hexa cores.

some ram
Newegg.com - PQI TURBO 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model PQI26400-2GDB

decent gfx card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814129163

case (changed original case i had listed, price goes up a bit)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147144

those are about $230 before shipping. he would still need an optical drive and hdd for a complete rig though.

Thanks muf, he had me register him on this board tonight, so you will see him tomorrow when he post in here.
He says building a case in shop class and it won't be ready until the end of spring, somebody talk him into buying the case you posted....

lol hi guys its the person who mike asked you to help ^_^

Also I have another case that i got its old but it should be fine and i think i just may use that but ill keep my mind open

I do have a hard drive, dvd drive and keyboard / mouse

I do believe I need a psu as the 430w one I have is now being used in my brothers computer ( because the one i had got for it is broken :/)

graphics card wise i was looking at this one

Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100289L Radeon HD 5670 (Redwood) 1GB 128-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card w/ATI Eyefinity and I don't care about ati/nvidia its just a moot argument to me so either is acceptable

thanks for all the help ^_^

with a tight budget like yours, you wanna try and get the most for your money. and if you want to game, the 4850 i listed before will give you more power for the same price than that 5670.

so you might have a case after all, but no psu.

this would do
Newegg.com - Antec NEO ECO 400C 400W Continuous Power ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply
you can get it at almost $10 off the listed price with this 20% off code BFANTPSU (code only valid for 24hrs though, so no pressure :thumbsup:)

My personal opinion on the video card issue would be to wait. Whatever motherboard you get should be either a 785G or an 880G. These have decent built-in GFX chips. I think you should let these tide you over until you save up some money to get a decent card.

My personal opinion on the video card issue would be to wait. Whatever motherboard you get should be either a 785G or an 880G. These have decent built-in GFX chips. I think you should let these tide you over until you save up some money to get a decent card.

I agree with this, then you won't waste more money in the future upgrading your card.

Alright, geeks you heard everyones opinions now it's up to you to make up your mind this month.
Newegg.com - BIOSTAR A785GE AM2+/AM3 AMD 785G Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

Since this is your first visit here don't feel like it has to be a one time deal, I would like to see you build up your tech skills.
Mainly your very good with linux base systems and have a good knowledge of networking.
You know where to find me here, and other people will assist when I can't.

Good luck geeks.

MikeFuryXP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom