Need a final check on compatibility asap plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

zenyora

Daemon Poster
hey guys ...
well this is a budget rig for $600 for my brother, its going to be used for gaming :battlefield 2,silkroad,gears of war , UT3, C&C3..stuff like that..the goal was to be able to run such games on decent settings within a budget ...
so here is what i have:

MOBO: ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard

GPU: XFX PVT84JYAJG GeForce 8600GT 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

RAM:CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TWIN2X2048-6400 - Retail

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Brisbane 2.5GHz Socket AM2 65W Dual-Core Processor Model ADO4800DOBOX - Retail

now iam just wondering if everything is compatible and if this rig would be a decent (budget) gaming rig? if you have any better ideas plz let me know.
cheers

only thing I see is that video card... not a huge fan of it myself... if you can throw out a little more try and get a 9600 gt.. you will notice quite a big difference from that one. just my opinion

I agree with Dainius, everything looks good except that vid card. i dont know much about the 9600 series, but I know that that 8600 will have some issues. the 8800 series would work quite well for what you are trying to do. it all boils down to what you are willing to spend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom