Need critique

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curreh

Beta member
I need help with a computer I'm building, first time I've tried it, so far this is what I've got

Intel core 2 duo e6750 (q6600 if I've got the money)
Abit ip35
EVGA gefore 8800 GT 512
Crucial ballistix ddr2 800 2gb
Corsair 520hx
seagate barracuda 7200 250 gb
tuniq tower 120
acer al1916wd 19" LCD
cooler master 690

if there's anything messed up please tell me, I've just been reading through lots of stuff on the internet and I'm a really newbie at this.

Looks great... as good as it gets around here.

Just make sure you're getting a 7200.10 16MB SATA3.0 drive.

Looks great... as good as it gets around here.

Just make sure you're getting a 7200.10 16MB SATA3.0 drive.

Is a 16MB cache Hard Drive a must have for todays PC gamer? Ive aleady gone ahead and purchased a 160GB IBM/Hitachi 8MB cache HD because of the price and i dont have a need for lots of space.

Should I make a larger 16MB cache HD one of my upgrades next year?

More cache usually means a faster drive. I am pretty sure there is a max somewhere... in which larger cache will yield little performance, but I'm not sure where it is at.

Though the cache keeps getting bigger now days. The 7200.11 drives sport a 32MB cache... I'm hoping Tom's Hardware puts them on their storage benchmark list soon so I can see for sure if there is performance increase.

alright thanks, anything else i needa make sure of?

I don't think so... everything else seems pretty straight forward.

Edit: Also, seems Tom's Hardware does have some of the 32MB cache drives up. From what I can tell, higher cache is usually more performance, but definitely not always. On several occasions, even with the 7200.10 drives of the same size... sometimes the 8MB drives outperform the 16MB ones.

Though, in the case of the 7200.10 250GB drive, 16MB is definitely the way to go.

Go for that Q6600, with the Tuniq Tower it will clock well I am set up with a Q6600 and Tuniq I reached 3.4Ghz with super safe temps easy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom