Need a computer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

talldude123

Banned
I need a computer that will run Photoshop, surf the web, play older games from 2003, and basically work...

I was looking at this Acer Aspire and i thought it looked OK...
http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10076996&catid=

It has a Celeron D 3.2, 512MB RAM, 160GB HD, and a crappy video chipset with AGP8X capability.

Would this be a good system for light photo editing and gaming? If needed, I'll add on a cheap video card to it, but how does it look for $400? Better than what i can get from Dell?

I fix too many Acers to recommend them to people unless you're truly strapped for cash. Even for $400 I don't think that's too good, you could get a better Compaq for about the same $.
I'm at work right now unfortunately but I'll look for some stuff for ya later tonight.

hate to say it to you talldude but do you want to build it yourself may be able to make an sempron or a possible amd 64 system if you build it yourself.Do you need a whole system or just the tower?I really dont know canadian prices on parts though.

But if not it looks ok for what you want to do maybe and upgrade to a graphics card and another 512 of ram later on.

If you want to go the pre built route the Compaq SR1930Z looks very good, it's an Athlon 64 system and starts at US$319 direct, now that's not bad. Check out Compaq's site for canadian prices etc. but that seems a fine way to go.

Or like Shumway's saying, what can you reuse and you can try your hand at building a system.

Compaq is not to bad of system though I dont care for the fact that they are now owned by HP. I had a system from before the HP take over and it lasted me a good 4 years.

Ok Dude, I have said this so many times "Build It". I will give you a list of parts and if you still insist on getting a pre-built system I can still help you if you email me at gmanych@hotmail.com.

Cpu: AMD Sempron 64 2800+ 256KB L2 Cache Skt 754 - $40
Mobo: ASUS K8U-X Socket 754 ULi M1689 ATX Motherboard - $44
Graphics: PNY GF 6600 256MB DDR PCI Express x16 - $52
Case: COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 Black Aluminum Bezel - $45
Psu: LOGISYS Computer 550 Watts Power Supply With SATA - $20
Ram: PNY Optima 512MB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 - $60
Optical: MadDog Black 16X DVD+R - $29
HDD: Western Digital Caviar SE 120GB 7200 RPM 8MB - $55

Total: $432

Doing this you will get alot more power from this than a pre-built system. All this information was found on,

www.newegg.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom