Need advice about current Phenom II X6 heatsink fan noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

-RockMan-

Banned
After receiving my new phenom ii x6 and struggling to strap the heatsink like motor engine, this thing has been nothing but a noise making nightmare.
Since I kept my old athlon ii x3 heatsink fan can I use this instead and apply tuniq x2 to it ?
Even if it is just temporary anything is bettern hearing the heatsink sound like a 747 jumbo jet engine.
Even my dog hates it and starts howling when he hears the fan spin up when it's starting to get underload....

I know what you mean about the retail heatsink. The one that came with my x4 965 sounded like a turbine spinning up.

You can try it, but watch the temperature. The x3 heatsink was designed for the heat output of three cores, not six.

I am really pleased with the HSFs I ordered for my wife's rig and mine:
Newegg.com - ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 64 Pro 92mm Ceramic CPU Cooler
Nice and quiet, cools well, and cheap. ;)

I'll keep that in mind when I pick up some ram from newegg.com at the end of the month.
Thanks trotter.

Nice one, Sean. The only concern would be the height. Mike's case is a Raidmax Typhoon and is 7.25" wide. My case is a CM WaveMaster and is 7.8" wide. I went with the AC Freezer 64 because of height problems; I originally went with a CoreContact, but it was too tall (I couldn't put the side panel on). The AC Freezer 64 leaves me room between it and the side panel.

Since the Typhoon doesn't have a MB tray, it might have enough room for the Hyper 212. Mike would need to measure before ordering to be sure, though.

Nice one, Sean. The only concern would be the height. Mike's case is a Raidmax Typhoon and is 7.25" wide. My case is a CM WaveMaster and is 7.8" wide. I went with the AC Freezer 64 because of height problems; I originally went with a CoreContact, but it was too tall (I couldn't put the side panel on). The AC Freezer 64 leaves me room between it and the side panel.

Since the Typhoon doesn't have a MB tray, it might have enough room for the Hyper 212. Mike would need to measure before ordering to be sure, though.

ahh, i didnt consider the size of the Heat sink

Just a question, How hard is that cooler to mount? The new artic cooler easy as ****. The old one was so hard though, Just wondering might buy one.

i have heard that they are insanely brainless to install...

found this
YouTube - Hyper 212 Plus Installation Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom