need advice about buying new pc for gaming ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

samtag

Baseband Member
I wanted to buy a pc with an amd 64 processor and upgrade the pc with a 256 mb graphics card w/pci16x slot and i'm wondering if a gig of memory is enough for my gaming "call of duty 2" or "halflife 2" i'm just wondering which pc would be a better choice in the long run .

http://www.e4me.com/products/products.html?prod=eMachines_T6524

or a

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1576699&Sku=E400-T6520

both are at least 200 hard drive which isn't the issue and both run xp media center. And i heard that the t6524 model has a 939 socket which means its possible to later up date the amd 64 to an amd fx .I'm kinda of new to gaming on pcs an don't want to waste my money on a pc that won't keep up with new pc games coming out since i know pc games use alot of ram ????

Seriously, samtag, how high can your budget go? In other words, what is the maximum you can spend for a new machine? And do you have a friend who can help you build one?

?

well i have a 800 budget i was thinking about building a pc but had a lot of if ,and, or buts about it . haven't build a computer before .

If you can wait and save another $400.00 -$500.00 you can build yourself a very nice system. For an excellent example of what I am talking about go to www.hardocp.com and click on their article called Holiday Gift Guide (it is at the very top) and notice the type of rig you can build for $1,200. The one from Tiger Direct has integrated graphics. You wouldn't be able to upgrade the vid card with that set-up. I encourage you to find someone who can build you one.

video card doesn't help ?

i thought a graphics card would more than likely free up the integrated graphics on the pc all i needed to do was install more memory. Thats what a friend of mine told me . That i can up grade to a higher graphics card any time i want just as long as i have enough ram to run the memory card and enough watts to run the video card since some are demanding on specific watts.

Neither of the two you opted for would game that well =/. The second one at least has an amd though...? Hehehe? Nah. Nvm.

If you really want a gaming rig, save up n build. These are probably the most expensive pc's to build.

Free up the integrated graphics? Huh? What do these need to be freed up for? The gfx card will just replace them

Memory card? Do you mean ram or harddrive?

games

it would be for call of duty 2 ,halflife 2 , counterstrike, doom3,and halo2 the games that is .

Re: reply

samtag said:
to free up the ram

yea, it might free up some ram; some integrated graphics take up ram; but gfx cards have their own sort of ram to run off of

Idk what more ta say =/. Are you looking for specs? Where ta start?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom