necessary??

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggjoee5790

In Runtime
ok i just got my amd processor from ups ( newegg decided to split my order into 3 different packages coming 3 different days.. dont ask me why) but anyway.. i was reading the manual from the processor and it said i need to apply thermal gel between the heatsink and the processor. is this necessary? if so where can i get it?

Yes you need that thermal paste. It fills the microscopic gaps that are in the cpu and heatsink base for a better heat transfer. Did you order an new HSF? if so the paste should come with it. And if it didnt, go to a computer store and buy some.

thebleakness said:
Yes you need that thermal paste. It fills the microscopic gaps that are in the cpu and heatsink base for a better heat transfer. Did you order an new HSF? if so the paste should come with it. And if it didnt, go to a computer store and buy some.

the processor came with an HSF (im guessing that means heatsink fan :) ) so i guess i have to buy some.. thanks

Well if the cpu came with the HSF then it should have come with a small tube of paste. Check to make sure and if not go out and buy some arctic silver 5 like powerslave mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom