NEC Versa windows 3.11 no cd or floppy (need to install windows 98??)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aff1993

In Runtime
Hello,
I am new here
I have just bought an NEC Versa M/75 and i need to install a new os.
i have the windows 98 disk and the only thing holding me up is no cd drive
i do have a floppy but my laptop is complaining its failing so cannot access it.
:(
I need to load the windows 98 on soon because i hate this os i have on now (windows 3.11)
so i hace 4 ports
male and female DB-9 serial or null modem ports
a female parallel port
and a s-video port
i would like to connect it to my windows 98 PC which has a cd drive.
ive heard you can use another computers cd drive if you plug your laptop through parallel cables and i have a laplink cable.
how can i install the cd through my pc to my laptop short of buying a cd drive?????
i really need this:(
if this is still puzzeling here are the technical specs::confused:
486 LS processor
90mhz processor
24MB RAM
650mb HDD
Need urgent help.
thanks ;)
PS (heres a photo of the back of my laptop)

Attachments

• neclap2.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 94
Windows 98 Hardware Requirements

Personal computer with a 486DX 66 MHz or faster processor (Pentium central processing unit recommended)

16 megabytes (MB) of memory (24 MB recommended)

One 3.5-inch high-density floppy disk drive

CD-ROM drive

195 mb of free space

VGA or higher resolution (16-bit or 24-bit color SVGA recommended)

It will be very slow if you can get it on there

There's really no feasible way to share the CD drive via any of the ports you have, so I'd just try to find a copy of Windows 95 on floppy and use that. There's also Linux, if you're brave.

I, for one, don't see what's so wrong with Windows 3.1; it's the last really good version of Windows :)

well, i now have a zip 100mb drive and it works, is there anyway, how big is the windows 95 os thingy so i can put it on my zip disk, but i need to download it somewhere u see i dont have the windows 95 disk!

http://search.ebay.com/search/searc...&from=R8&satitle=windows+95+floppy&category0=
Windows 95 on Floppies via ebay (Full and Upgrade editions it seems).
You could also just buy an older external cd-rom and get the software for it from the manufacturer's website. Some older drives will connect to a parallel port and you can use that to install windows 98 (even though 98 will be really slow).

edit: someting like this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Backpack-Parall...yZ116241QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i cannto buy an external cd drive, is ther anyway to get that windows 95 floppy upgrade, i could get the contents onto my zip disk and put it on that way.
or would an IT shop be able to put on windows 98 (i have the disk and the registration key number)
to my computer, they should have some way to put it on (say an external cd drive??)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom