narrowing down the selection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the 300 isn't great for cable management but since the PSU is on the bottom I have my wires on the floor of the case and on the right side of the hard drive cage. It's just that, for the money, you would be hard pressed to find another solid case with four fans coming in it stock.

My current favorite in the price range is the Sentey Optimus.
$59.99, 4 fans included, black interior, cut-outs for cables, filters on intakes, good 3rd party reviews.

Only downside is it looks a little like Darth Vader, may spook you if you stumble upon it at night.

the sentey optimus looks nice. well i think i covered ram and cases. what if i want to upgrade my gpu it is radeon HD 5770 so what should i go for, crossfire or a bigger, stronger, latest radeon gpu out there

wait i just google search motherboard it says if you are gonna upgrade you need to buy another OS? because the product key is in the prev motherboard

The HD5770 is #27 on the graphics performance list.
Its up to how much you want to spend, I'd say if you want more performance than crossfiring 5770s you'd want to buy a card that is #12 or higher. If you don't want to spend that much on a new GPU, then buy a 2nd 5770.
(5770 x2 isn't on the list, but the 4870 #26 is at #13 in crossfire)

Yes, if its an OEM version of Win7 it is tied to the motherboard. I have heard stories of people managing to get Microsoft to allow them to transfer the existing license, but there may have been extenuating circumstances involved.

sad that adds another 80 bucks
anyways 5770 is pretty cheap now adays 100-200$ range on newegg

i found these nice cards that came along with the APU release

Newegg.com - ASUS EAH6570/DI/1GD3(LP) Radeon HD 6570 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card
Newegg.com - XFX HD-667X-ZAF3 Radeon HD 6670 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card
Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100321DDR5OCL Radeon HD 6450 512MB GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card

(APU release link)
Newegg.com - Feel the Power of DirectX® 11 with the New AMD A-Series APU

wow amd is the winner for best gpu so far
HD6990 xD

anyways i have a question i keep my fan running on 100% every time im on because of risk of overheat (insta 90C) so what are the chances of my gpu fan burning out? i heard chances are 22% in 5 years

The Sentey Optimus looks good. I built a computer for someone using their Orca case... looks OK but made of pretty thin stuff.

well sense i can't change my motherboard and i believe i can squeeze in another card should i get that crossfireX ready card with my 5770 card and crossfire it?

for better performance/quality?

i can do any quality option in catalyst except:
SMOOTH VISION HD: anti-aliasing
well i can but it lags the game

i also heard of new drivers for AMD videos cards that causes them to get hot could this be true?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom