narrowing down the selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyromania

Baseband Member
this thread was continued from "hot out cool in". previous thread was about upgrading my ventilation but now i want to talk about whatt stuff i can upgrade in my pc

specs:
intel i5 650 LGA 1156 (not gonna upgrade)
radeon HD 2gb 5770 (maybe gonna upgrade)
2 ram sticks with 1 gb (gonna upgrade)
win7 home premium (not gonna upgrade
case (gonna upgrade but has recommendation)
motherboard (gonna upgrade but has recommendation
psu cosair 700w 80plus (not gonna upgrade)

the main thing i want to find first are ram sticks but any other suggestion in the list is appreciated:grin:

How much RAM were you looking to upgrade to?
Since its pre-built and started with 2GB I have a sneaking suspicion that its running Win7 32-bit (limited to 4GB).

If you want to go over 4GB, or are just curious which Win7 you are running, instructions are here.

no it is 64-bit im looked at vengence 2x4gb ram cards they seem good

i also looked at the storm inforcer and scout what do you think of them? (cases)

This Corsair Vengeance? Kind of weird how the red/blue/black are the same ram, but the red is $5 cheaper.
As long as the CPU cooler isn't overhanging the ram slots at all it should work great. Just be careful with the fins on the heat spreader, I think Slaymate has mentioned that they can be damaged quite easily.

For the case, tough call. I like the clean lines on the Enforcer but I'm not a huge fan of doors over my front bays.
Both have great air flow and cable management, so can't really go wrong either way.

*Edit* Took a second look at the cases, personally would go with the Storm Enforcer between those two.
I'm a little OCD and don't like dust in my case, the Scout just has vented side fan mounts, no dust filters.

well about my mothermoard MyGodAL3X recommended me:
Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TH55B HD LGA 1156 Intel H55 HDMI Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...m2305X575088X107ed4fc0603bd19b77269095b8c8d59

trotter recommend me also this case:
Newegg.com - Antec Three Hundred Illusion Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...m2305X575088X107ed4fc0603bd19b77269095b8c8d59

what can you say about those?

also is there a thread about learning what cables are what on the power supply that would really help me understand what to plug in xD

oh wait trotter also suggested this mother board
Newegg.com - BIOSTAR H55A+ LGA 1156 Intel H55 HDMI ATX Intel Motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...m2305X575088X0c7ae78702a0a4e8320734f8864a029c

Trotter knows his hardware, I'd trust his motherboard recommendation.

The Antec 300 Illusion is certainly a nice case, but again personal preference...
My only issue with that case is that there aren't cut-outs to route cables behind the motherboard
...OCD ...cables everywhere ...panic

The power supply should come with a manual that lists what each cable is for, or even be marked on the cables themselves.
If you find this is not the case, or still have issues, post pics and someone will come to the rescue.

no it's not that, im a builder newb i had to have my brother install my graphics card for me because i didn't know i had to take the pci slot cover at the back of the case out xD

i just want a basic pic and description of psu plugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom