My video Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

bacstealth

Beta member
My Gaming Rig

1X Gateway 840GM Computer Specifications

1X EVGA GeForce 8800GT 512MB

2X Kingston DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 533 (PC2 4200)

Problem

I installed the video card and when I power on the my system I get a LONG continuous beep. I have not way of hooking up a power supply adapter that came with card. I tried reinstalling old card it would not work either. Did i fry the PCI express slot. I called EVga and they told me that the card must be hooked up with adapter to power supply 400 watts Min with a minimum of 26 amps on a 12+ volt rail. I need help fixing this issue. I never put in a power supply and don't know how to test the PCIe slot to see if it is working or not. I am thinking of upgrading the MOBO. Please help with technical

What Type of power supply do you have in your pc?

Becasue the 8800s Need to have atleast at minnimum of a 450w but i would say it would be best to have a 500-600w

400 watts standard Gateway. I got a Bios long continous beep after installing the 8800gt card. I took it back out and replaced it with another PCIe card an X800xt and I got not graphics at all. The computer did boot up with no Bios Beep or Warning. I however did not get ant video at all.

Well You might want to Upgrade and get a 500w power supply

and the only thing i could say is when you put the old card in is that the drivers are all messed up. Try booting in safe mode...do you have an on board card? if so boot on that and see if that works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom