My upgraded budget comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiGyLiLuPdAmIdL

Vinsanity
ok so this is my comp i just upgraded the videocard to a 6600. These are my specs. I have some extra money though that i am saving up so what new thing should i buy for my comp to upgrade it next? Any ideas? thanx guys

yeah i was kind of thinking ram to. So you think ram would be better than a new cpu and mobo? I was kind of hoping to wait anyways and see what new proccessors amd will come out with before i upgrade it. Any other ideas on what i should buy next?

btw......if i buy another 512 stick of ram for my pc does it have to be the same brand as the first one or can they be different brands? My mobo doesn't support dual channel so i am not worrying about that. My 512 stick now is pny brand, but if put another 512 stick and it was corsair brand would that make any difference? A while ago someone told me that they have to be the same brand so i was just checking.

I'd get the RAM now and save for a new setup. I'm going to do the same thing, get a new vid card in a month or so and then save for an unreal engine build. I'm pretty sure as long as the RAM is the same specs as the other it doesn't matter what brand it is.

wait up ..............lol

i kind of wanted ram too at first but now their is this good deal at my fry's electronics. They are selling a sempron 3100+ socket 754 version plus a mobo for only $70. I have a socket A right now so i think the 754 would be a good thing to buy. Plus i can always upgrade to an athlon later. After all i dont play super high end games, Just some mid-high ones. Btw my mobo now is only agp 4x and my vid card is 8x so the new mobo will have an 8x and my vid card will run faster. What do you guys think?:confused:

That's a really good deal, I just bet the mobo wont be very good.
Also, the 4x and 8x times don't matter as much as people think they do; you may see a small difference but it shouldn't be drastic.
No, the ram doesn't have to be the same brand, just make sure it's the same type and such. Also, try and get one with a company with good customer service; corsair offers lifetime on their ram, for example.

I also saw this at newegg.com. If i buy this athlon xp i wont have to get a new mobo. How much better is this cpu than the one i already have now(sempron 2800)? If the xp is way bettter than i might consider buying it. Do you think it would be better to get this athlon xp 2800+ or just to get the sempron 64 3100+ with a socket 754 mobo?

Here is the cpu i am talking about
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103509

thanx a lot guys for all your insight.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom