My system

Status
Not open for further replies.

filocardhustler

In Runtime
hello all, it's quite self evident that i'm new here. :cool:
If you know forum mod apokalipse, i'm a friend of his (5 minutes walk distance). Thought i'd begin with a classic, the computer setup so I got:

- AMD 3500+ 939
- Asus A8V Deluxe mobo
- 2 x 512mb DDR400 Kingston
- Asus 128mb 6800gt AGP
- Seagate SATA 8m 80gb HDD
- LG GSA-4163b DVD-RAM
- Dead generic PSU
- X-Blade gaming case

I bought this in the times when PCI-E wasn't that good.
Check it out and tell me what you think, also i'm in market for a new PSU, i'm looking at the OCZ modstream 450w.

Hope to see your reply soon. :D

nice build you got there, you should swap out the 6800 gt, with the 6800 gs... you could unlock the 4 pixel pipelines... crazyness... if only you could do that with the pci-e version... oh well.. the 12 will do me just fine :)

hmm, he already has the rig so.. it look awesome, i think that a lot of people would want that PC at their desk. OCZ make good PSUs so do antec so get one of those

NosBoost300 said:
nice build you got there, you should swap out the 6800 gt, with the 6800 gs... you could unlock the 4 pixel pipelines... crazyness... if only you could do that with the pci-e version... oh well.. the 12 will do me just fine :)
when you unlock the extra pipelines on a gs it is because you want a GT
think before you type

Yeah, I'm not quite sure why you'd swap out for a lesser processor an unlock it to the one you have. Doesn't make any sense to me.

Ryan

lols, If anything i'd unlock the pipes in the gt to get 16 like an Ultra but not just yet. I checked out the Antec Truepower II, it's 165 dollars at my local comp store, in the same price range as the OCZ so I'll definately consider it. I'm not sure whether to go modular for cooling reasons or towards the higher output.

you should overclock your gt.. i've just overclock my gs and i'm at 467/1.8ghz.. on stock compaq cooling too.. only running at 38 degrees doing everyday things, don't know bout gaming yet, don't know how to check while i'm doing that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom