My Somewhat in the near future build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where to start....first off why would you get a single core orleans when you can get an X2 3600 Brisbane dual core for 89 bucks? Please get the dual-core. Actually if this is in the near future you might want to go Core 2 Duo as they will be cheaper and they are faster than the X2's

Next....Crossfire is not worth it. Do you know how much one 8800GTS 320 would DESTROY crossfire X1900GT for the same price? Next 750w is completley unneeded for even SLI 8800GTX, not just that its a thermaltake which is NOT recommended PSU's. I suggest for the single 8800GTS 320 get a good 500w PSU or so. There is a Hiper 580w Type-R that is fully modular and awesome for $89.99. The case looks good but there are case's just as good for 50-80 bucks.

The Ram however is exactly what I have and it is awesome.

In short...don't get crossfire...get a cheaper and better PSU...and make SURE you get a dual-core.

As sora mentioned, Intel's Core 2 CPU's are in the lead right now. If it's within the budget, you might want to consider giving them a look. Also as he mentioned, Crossfire & SLI are a moot point on DX9 systems, since you can get a single 8800 series card (R600 hopefully soon to join the race) for the same amount of money, and get MUCCCCH better performance gains.

What is your overall budget?

my budget is roughly 1,000 usd

but i would really like to go Ati so i guess ill wait for the new R600 cores and i still will go crossfire ill just wait for the new cores to come out.

How much longer before pcie-2 roughly?

i don't want to needlessly spend money when new things that would put what i would buy now to serious shame.

You will have to wait quite a while for prices to be right once the new ATI cards are released to get Crossfire within a $1000 budget (if thier prices reflect Nvidia's prices)....

Also, if you aren't wanting to needlessly spend money on your build on components that will be put to shame, you will WANT to look at Intel Core 2 CPU's & motherboards right now for your build. The C2's use less power so they run cooler (also means electric bill is less when keeping PC on 24x7), and they are more powerful as well.

PCI Express 2 should be out the second half of this year. Just pick up a single card anyway. Its a XFire is a waste unless you want more performance than the fastest card can give you.

The Thermaltake ToughPowers are good.

You may also want to consider waiting for better AMD based motherboards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom