My Rig... new CPU heatsink???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital_Jedi

In Runtime
So about a year ago I put together a new PC. I have learned a huge amount of information in that time. My machine specs are...

ASUS M2Ne motherboard
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ 2.8Ghz Socket AM2
2GB G.Skill RAM (with heat spreaders)
hec ACE-580UB 580W Power Supply
XFX nVidia 7600GT 256MB (soon to be a XFX nVidia 8800GS in a couple of days)
Apevia X-Plorer Blue ATX Case
3 Western Digital HD (X2 160GB, X1 80GB)
hand full of 80mm fans and one 120mm

So I am still using the stock AMD heatsink and fan that came with the CPU. I haven't had any overheating problems. The case I have has a thermal sensor and under load the case temp gets to 36c. The sensor sits above the RAM about 1 inch away from the heatsink. At start up the CPU sits in the low 30'sc and heats up to over 45c - 50c+ under load. I worry about overheating all the time so that is why i have 5 fans in my case not including the PSU. I have reapplied thermal paste in place of the pad about 6 months ago. I would like to get an aftermarket cooler for my CPU but not sure what to get???

Well I use PC Wizard 2008 and I have also tried Speedfan. Playing games like Crysis is load... all I do is play games on the machine. I have seen my CPU temps on a restart in the motherboard BIOS after playing be in the 50+ but they drop down soon after.

I really should have put 45+.... The max I have seen it in the BIOS is 56c I believe. I'm just paranoid about my hardware... I would like it to last a while and I know heat decreases life expectancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom