Is my pc good enough, and if not, what do I upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

homeslicezero

Baseband Member
Ok so I'm pretty dumb when it comes to inside a pc, so could you guys tell me if my computer is equivilent/better/worse than these specs? My computer is pretty much crap, so I should expect to upgrade quite a few things.

The specs I need:
Windows xp, 512MB system RAM, 2GHz intel pentium 4 or equivilent processer, 128MB direct3D compatable video card and DirectX 9.0 compatable Driver.

The specs of my pc:
Windows XP
960MB RAM
2.17GHz
AMD Athlon XP 3000+
NVIDIA Geforce4 mx Integrated GPU (Yeah I already know I need to replace my video card :p)

And please remember, i'm working on a low budget, lol.

How much is your budget? what do you want to do with you machine? and I would recommend keeping maybe the hard drive, dvd/cd drives, MB/mouse and monitor... and getting all new after that...

ok... umm i dont mean to tell you what u already know but i would defenatly replace your GPU ;)

I would keep your ram, as long as it is DDR or DDR2

And cpu could b better :D

EDIT: I would get a 7600gs graphics card... at least something over $100 for a video card, if u plan to even start up a game

Hahah actually, I can run WoW, CSS, HL2, and quite a few other games...but I'm aiming to get Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, which takes a pwnage computer to run. :p And I wanna keep my budget as low as possible but still get a good computer out of it :D. I wanna keep it low because I have no job and it takes a while to save up enough money, lol. (i'm 15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom