My new pc (what do you think)

Status
Not open for further replies.

solidsteve

Daemon Poster
ok so basicley i am saveing up for a new pc and have set my self a £800 limit

i dont need a monitor and the keyboard and mouse are cheep so i have not added them in.

i am going to use it for gameing (not over clocking)

please advise on any other part that might need to go in / get taken out / changed

motherboard - £73
http:http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Comp...-DS3R+Socket+775+Motherboard+?productId=27303

CPU - £171
Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.00GHz (775) - Aria Technology

HDD - 1 £64
500GB Seagate Barracuda SATA2 16MB

Memery - 4 is £100
Crucial 1GB PC2-5300 - Aria Technology

case - £25
BLACK/SILVER MIDI Tower 4 Gamers - Aria Technology

DVD RW - £17
LG GSA-H62NBAL 18x SATA black bare - Aria Technology

Power £64
Corsair 520W HX V2 Series Modular PSU - Aria Technology

Graphics card £244
XFX GeForce 8800 GTS 320MB PCI-E - Aria Technology

£706 (wow knocked nearly £100 off it with one persion posting thank you)

can not thank you guys enuf, segate 500 gig HDD for the same price as the 400gig HDD from WD :0

RIGHT!

1) good budget you can do better for that cash

2)Why the choice of MoBo - you are buying a Mobo with built in Graphics and then buying more graphics. Dont bother with the built in graphics. Try this.

3)Graphics. Unless you are playing at over 1600 resolution (check your montior maximum, and your tastes), no need for the 640Mb version. get the 320 Mb version

4) you dont need 4 GB RAM for gaming. Get 2GB of PC2 6400 (800Mhz). If you aren't planning on overclocking, choice isn't critical.

5) PSU- ARG!! I don't know anything about that brand, but 600W PSU for £20 scream AAAAARRRRG at me. possibly followed by the smell of burning electrics and pound signs floating away on wings. Don't scrimp on this!!! buy something like one of these

6)No overclocking (a bit of a waste) = no need for aftermarket heatsink and fan

I'm sure others will give better advice. Try the tutoral sticky at the top, it has some recommended builds

EDIT: Ahh... My bad, the link for you mobo on aria has a description of a graphics card, hence I though it was a mobo with built in graphics. I know nothing about your mobo. All the same, the link I gave you is really good.

thank you, took your advace with the mother board and power and looking for the graphics now

got 2 questions

1.What is MOBO i seen it about the forums a bit but i havent a clue what you guys are saying about when you do say

2. is there a cheeper psu thats i could put in, i dont mind paying up to about £45 - £45 but i dont want to spend a lot on this

1.MOBO = Motherboard. Just Shortening it.

2. You will want to make a worthwhile investment in this - it's the most important part of your pc.

also seagate makes higher quality hard drives in that storage amount range
and are you sure you don't want to overclock?

Hey solidsteve,

Why not get the Q6600, instead of the E6850?
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz * 95W G0 Stepping* (775) - Aria Technology

Even if you're not overclocking, which you should anyway....the Q6600 will last you longer, than the E6850.

i was thinking of a E6850 because its a dual core (first one i will ever have) and it is 3.0GHz

if you can find a better chip (with 3.0HTz or better) for around that price or even more i saved £70 - £90 so far so suggestions welcome

as for over clocking i been looking around at it for a bit now seen i can play oblivion on this 3 year old pc is i over clock it but i hear for the amount of stick you give the CPU and the graphice you might only get a few more FPS out os a game

it heats up the component more then normal and the lafe span of that part is shortey, i want it to last if you know what i am saying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom