My new PC, please comment

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonehelm

Daemon Poster
I just ordered it, it's custom made. Here are the specs, what do you guys think?

Intel Core 2 Duo E6320 Conroe 1.86ghz
Gigabyte P35-S3 Motherboard
A-DATA 2GB (2 x 1GB) SDRAM DDR2 800 Dual Channel RAM
Geforce 8600GTS 256MB GDDR3 PCI-E x16 Graphics
Western Digital 250GB 7200RPM SATA Hard drive
Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi XtremeGamer 7.1 Sound
Lite-on 20X Super DVD rewriter combo
Cooler Master 500W Xtreme Power supply

It'll be used for internet browsing, music notation/composing with Finale 207 and Garritan Personal Orchestra, and 3D gaming.

Thanks so much!

Since you bought it already, it will handle all, what you are intending on using it for.

Should of came to us first, before you bought this computer, because we could of gotten you better parts for the money.

Such as the motherboard. Wait....I never heard the P35-S3 from Gigabyte before. Must of been a typo, but I hope that was the DS3R version.

A-DATA RAM. I know it's cheap, but you could of gotten G. Skill NQs for around the same price, and it's better.

The 8600GTS...yes, it has DX10, but I can tell you that, it's not really great for DX10 gaming. You would of been better off with the X1950XT.

Well those were my thoughts...

Sounds like a decent mid-range pc. Although, I'm not sure why that guy would recommend stepping down to a directx9 card instead of your 10. Sounds like fanboyism.

No....the x1950xt outperforms the 8600GTS, by a considerable amount. If you want to game in DX10, you should at least go for the 8800GTS.

Sounds like a decent mid-range pc. Although, I'm not sure why that guy would recommend stepping down to a directx9 card instead of your 10. Sounds like fanboyism.

wow ur idiotic... and don't call us experienced techies fanboys!!!

8600gts was built as a budget dx 10 card, meaning that u shouldn't expect them to perform well..... even tho they are priced rather high... odd

Yeah, overall its an ok build for what you are using it for. I also agree with b1gapl, that other card would do better, to be honest I am not sure how much better, but reading up on it, everyone I know is not a fan of the budget 8600gts. Don't worry though it will work. Anyway, next build throw it this way first, save you some money.

its not a bad build whatsoever though.

how about the words "he already bought it so it doesn't matter?"

he can upgrade at a later date. all of us go through these growing pains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom