my last build (need help with case)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cooler Master Centurion 5, if you want simple, but tough and sturdy. Mine has a window too with some Neon Blue lights so it still has some flashiness to it. I did like the NZXT Apollo though too, that's if you want something a little more "Gamer-look" and its a little bigger than the Centurion 5 also.

but what about two hard drives, one fast (boot drive) and one slower?

a family member of mine has that sort of set-up with 2 hdds both 200gb but 1 for just running windows and the other for everything else along with a dual core cpu and to be honest i dont think it runs as good as one with 1 big hdd

and thank you guys, i like some of these cases and changes suggested and specialy the link to toms still looking at the charts there

a family member of mine has that sort of set-up with 2 hdds both 200gb but 1 for just running windows and the other for everything else along with a dual core cpu and to be honest i dont think it runs as good as one with 1 big hdd

and thank you guys, i like some of these cases and changes suggested and specialy the link to toms still looking at the charts there

I have a main drive for windows/programs, and a second for all my setups/files. If my main craps out, I dont really lose much because i have all my files on the second drive, and can just reinstall. The second doesnt have to be slower either, you can can get two 500gb sata II's and be good. Im actually still running ide drives untill i do my taxes and can throw more money into my rig.

I have a main drive for windows/programs, and a second for all my setups/files. If my main craps out, I dont really lose much because i have all my files on the second drive, and can just reinstall. The second doesnt have to be slower either, you can can get two 500gb sata II's and be good. Im actually still running ide drives untill i do my taxes and can throw more money into my rig.

But I am not saying the second should be slower, I am saying the boot should be faster. Which in turn makes the second slower, but I didnt mean just slow that one down. Wouldnt it be better to run a 10,000rpm boot drive and a 7200 storage? Right now I have two 200gig 7200 rpms, one with big programs and windows and the other with all my other files. I want to get a 10000 or 15000 for xmas to make my boot drive. Is there any downside to that?

this build is very promising, but both u and Steve didn't mention a PSU...

Corsair 520W HX V2 Series Modular PSU - Aria Technology

But I am not saying the second should be slower, I am saying the boot should be faster. Which in turn makes the second slower, but I didnt mean just slow that one down. Wouldnt it be better to run a 10,000rpm boot drive and a 7200 storage? Right now I have two 200gig 7200 rpms, one with big programs and windows and the other with all my other files. I want to get a 10000 or 15000 for xmas to make my boot drive. Is there any downside to that?

shorter life span, louder, the 15k ones only come in SCSI, huge price per gigabyte, huge price in general

this build is very promising, but both u and Steve didn't mention a PSU...

Corsair 520W HX V2 Series Modular PSU - Aria Technology

shorter life span, louder, the 15k ones only come in SCSI, huge price per gigabyte, huge price in general

Like he said, its not worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom