My half new build

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohGrFreak

ID.10T
I wanted to review my new hardware with you.

Gigabyte GA K8U motherboard
AMD Sempron 64 3000+
Sunbeam 450 watt modular PSU

I haven't installed the 6800, I have a ASUS 5200 in it's place for now.

It's running fast and cool, faster than my Prescott core P4 3.2E, opening up programs takes very little time, Paint Shop Pro X takes only a few seconds now instead of over 6 seconds. Encoding video in DVD Shrink takes the same time if not a few minutes faster.

I thought that these parts would be a major downgrade since my ASUS P4P 800 E Deluxe mobo and P4 proc were so expensive. The Gigabyte was under 50 bucks shipped and the Sempron was 86 bucks shipped.

All I need to invest in now is a new case and I'll be set. This Raidmax case is grinding my gears.

Sounds cool. I think the only reason why it's opening faster the your P4 is because it's a freshly formatted computer.

My old P4P 800 E Deluxe and the P4 3.2E fried. So did my harddrive, so did my video card.

The 6800 and the harddrive were replaced under warranty, I had to buy a new mobo and proc. The original OCZ sticks were unharmed.

This is what happens when you don't get your house inspected before you make the purchase. My house isn't grounded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom