My First rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trifid said:
ASUS is meant to be the best motherboard manufacturer for intel.

The ram you picked out is DDR1 and not DDR2, which is what the intel requires. There is also no point in getting expensive ram if you are not overclocking loads.

ASUS is not the best.

Not all newer intel based computers use DDR2. He was correct on picking the right ram *184-pin DDR 1*

Sorry, my bad *one of the best.

In games, the GPU is more important, so you will get better performance out of having a better video card, and a weaker cpu. And, all the venice cores overclock to around the same point on air.

Also, another vote for the full sized motherboard.

Case-ASPIRE-X-Plorer ATXB8KLW-AL/420 Black/Silver Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 420W Power Supply - Retail

Hard Drive-Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 ST380817AS 80GB 7200 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive - OEM

Video Card -Albatron PC6800GT Geforce 6800GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail

Memory-Patriot Signature Series 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory

OS-Microsoft Windows XP HOME Edition With Service Pack 2 - OEM

Processor-AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Venice 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Processor

Motherboard-AOpen nCK804a-LFS Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

Ok I caved and decided I wanted a gt so is there anything else I will need such as wires or other parts.

i thought you said drop the processor lol.

dont get albartron get eVGA leadtek gigabyte BFG or MSI. downclock the a 3200+ there is no differnce only speed, you can always OC like me :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom