My First Computer Build-nothing on screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawnskeel

In Runtime
Okay, I just felt like making my own computer for the first time. Worked a few weeks to make the cash, researched in that time for the best price/performance parts I wanted.

Now, I put everything together following manuals/online instructions. I turned the PC on the first time, the case fan spins, the cpu fan spins, and the graphics card fan spins. I connected it to a monitor which was tested and works. Nothing appears on the screen. It just stays black.

I don't have another pc to test the parts in :umm:.

If you would like, I could list the parts I am using for my build.

Care to post up the specs? Like, all the parts, OS, and what drivers you have installed (if any).

Okay. I don't have the OS installed. This is my first ever PC build so I don't have other parts. I bought all these in 1 go:

Board: GIGABYTE GA-EP35-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 Wolfdale 2.53GHz 3MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core

GPU: CHAINTECH GSE85GT 512MB GeForce 8500 GT 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 SLI Supported Video Card

RAM: PNY OPTIMA 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model MD2048KD2-800

HDD: EXCELSTOR Jupiter Series ESJ9250S 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

Optical Drive: LG 20X DVD±R DVD Burner w/ SecurDisc Tech Black SATA Model GH20NS15

PSU: Antec earthwatts EA430 430W ATX12V v2.0 Power Supply

I installed it all into a Rosewill case. I press the power button, the fans start spinning, then I wait for something to appear on the monitor, which I tested and works, but nothing happens. I wait for something to come on the screen, but nothing.

Well, I just read online that bad RAM Modules can be the cause of no video. I will test each stick by itself and see if it POSTs. Will get back to this thread.

And please, if you all have other suggestions, please let me know. I know the RAM I chose wasn't top of the line quality, the reviews showed relatively positive results on receiving good RAM. Will get back.

The RAM thing did not work. Oh well. Anyone care to give me other testing instructions?

try different ram slots...for each stick, to rule out ram, because i recently had a random video problem where the computer would stay on a black screen and nothing else, no bios no nothing, and ram was the problem.

I've tried that, nothing still.

Forgot to mention that the computer powers up, runs for like...5 seconds, then it powers off, and powers back on again on it's own and just stays on.

^perhaps he does not have a case speaker, and the mobo doesn't have integrated/

Forgot to mention that the computer powers up, runs for like...5 seconds, then it powers off, and powers back on again on it's own and just stays on.

that happens to me now and then, but when it comes back on it boots up. I have not been able to solve the problem, but at least it works.

No beeps. I'm guessing there is no speaker on the mobo as there is none on the case.

If you're interested, there are 4 "Phase LED" lights. When I turn it on, all four are on and remain solid, no blinking or anything. I tried to look for what that meant in my manual, but couldn't find anything.

I will be home all day tomorrow to try to fix/find out what's wrong with my computer. I would be so happy if I manage a post.

Yes, 100% sure the cpu power is in.

I tried a regular PCI Video Card from a really old computer, and still no POST.

Once again, fans do turn on, the Phase LED lights all turn on on the motherboard, but nothing is reaching the monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom