My first build, help!!! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

savagegub

Solid State Member
Well, after absorbing as much info as I possibly could from forums, here is what I came up with:
-Rosewill case R5601
-Rosewill PSU RP550V2-D-SL
-MB ASUS M3N78PRO
-AMD Athlon ADX6000CZBOX
-Kingston KHX6400D2LLK2/2GN
-Western Digital WD1600

Any suggestions???

Can anyone recommend a good set-up for around 500 dollars that would be great. I prefer to start out with integrated audio/videa on mobo. Also i would like to get a mobo that i can easily upgrade should I decide to game a little heavier and add a killer video card down the road. Basically I need a starter system good for all around use.

What is AMD Athlon ADX6000CZBOX ?

Anyway, I do suggest something like Intel Core 2 E7200 for that budget

Have you checked out the bundles on TigerDirect.com - Computers, Computer Parts, Computer Accessories, PC Components, & Electronics ? I did a search here> Athlon 64 X2 AM2 Motherboard Bundle TigerDirect.com
Some are CPU/MB bundles, others also include memory. Just thought I'd point you in a general direction where you may be able to find a happy medium between your budget and what you really want. From personal experience I can say that if this is a gaming rig you will most likely want an additional video card. I am very big on video and I use both ATI and NVIDIA on my home systems. Gaming with onboard vid can be very frustrating as I find most onboard doesn't support gaming structures very well. The memory is shared reducing your overall processing and speed for everything. A kick butt vid card can take what most consider a mediocre set up and make it amazing! I have an old compaq downstairs that runs xp media center 2005 (that I picked up for $200 about 3 years ago on sale.. forget the model# and I'm too lazy to check sorry!) 2 gb 5300 ram, older dual core amd processor, I switched up from an older pci-e 512 NVIDIA I had in there (where it was already pretty fast) to a 1G NVIDIA and there is no hesitation in this system when I'm gaming. I play WOW, Guildwars etc. I also use alot of graphics, video processing and 3d rendering software. Having a seperate video card frees up the MB memory for it's own processes as well as reducing overall heating issues in a case because the video card does it's own rendering and has it's own fan. Anyway, good luck with your new build!

TY for the info raven, those bundles are close to the price in which I am willing to spend. I guess the most important question I have is will the parts I selected work well together with little or no problems, and be a good starting point for a new builder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom