MY DREAM PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's more to consider than just the wattage (which you've underestimated anyway), there's amperage as well which is equally important.

gtx560ti - 170W
AMD A8 - 100W
Each hard drive - 5-10W
SSD - 5W
Wireless card - 1-5W
Sound card - 5W

Not to mention the RAM, all the motherboard's innards (like the SATA controller and the BIOS and the dozens of other controllers for ethernet, USB, firewire and so on), the fans, and powering that headset, mouse and keyboard, plus any other random peripherals that the computer is powering (like charging mobile devices).

Another reason that you'll want something with a higher wattage is that it doesn't actually have enough connections to plug in everything you want to buy (the GTX56 Ti needs two PCI-E connectors - that current PSU only has one).

naa im not getting the Phantom GTX 560 Ti i was just saying if i was gonna get one a gpu thats gonna be the one and yes i know if i got a gpu i need more power. + i dont even think nivida works witht he mobo...

i dont know why are u guys making a big deal on the power supply dude im not even gonna get a video card + mny old old pc had about 450w psu with a video card in there and it worked fine

i dont even think nivida works witht he mobo...
The Nvidia will work with any mobo that has a PCI-E x16 slot ;)

i dont know why are u guys making a big deal on the power supply dude im not even gonna get a video card + mny old old pc had about 450w psu with a video card in there and it worked fine
You didn't make that very clear, but fair enough. That power supply will be plenty, then ;)

Think of it this way, you power supply is to your computer as your heart is to your body. If you have a weak heart your body falters and crashes under stress. This is the same with your pc. If you run too close to the minimum power required it will create an unstable pc. Also of note, there is more to be considered than watts. Keep in mind the high amperage requirements of say a gtx560. Back in the pre-g92(Nvidia) days I ran what seemed like big systems on 400 watts. Now I'm pushing it myself with a gtx260 @ 520 watts.

Think of it this way, you power supply is to your computer as your heart is to your body. If you have a weak heart your body falters and crashes under stress. This is the same with your pc. If you run too close to the minimum power required it will create an unstable pc. Also of note, there is more to be considered than watts. Keep in mind the high amperage requirements of say a gtx560. Back in the pre-g92(Nvidia) days I ran what seemed like big systems on 400 watts. Now I'm pushing it myself with a gtx260 @ 520 watts.

im gonna get the 400w psu... Newegg.ca - SeaSonic X series SS-400FL Active PFC F3 400W ATX12V Fanless 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply and for the last time im not getting a video card..

My reply was in response to this-

I understand your not getting the card, I was answering your question that's all:)

no im not i was just saying if i WAS gonna get a video card gtx 560 was the one i want cuz it looks cool but no im not getting a video card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom